Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at West Branch state park doing a little grocery shopping in the woods and saw a couple of guys put a drift boat in this afternoon. They were a long way from where I was but it looked like they were unloading fly gear. Being a fly fisherman, I'm curious if it was anyone on here and what they were fishing for. My buddy and I want to fish for Musky on the fly and we were thinking this was a good place to do it.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Ha that was me and yes west branch is a great place to start. Having a boat helps a lot too, PM me if you have any questions about getting started.

·
Registered
139 Posts
can you say ,how you fish?and what spieces you catch?
I would like to reed that.

thanks snag
HappySnag, I was targeting musky with a fly rod. People usually see it as a handicap but at certain times of the year I feel the fly has an advantage especially on heavily pressured waters.

Pete, nice to meet ya today, I'm sure I'll see ya around more this year.

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
love that, back in the late 90's I had a 16 ft Clacka, would love seeing the folks stare at me rowing around Kiser, Ceasers Creek and Acton lake... also tons of drifts down the Mad, Great Miami and was one of the first guys guiding from a drift boat for steelhead on the Grand and Conneaut. Great memories

1 - 7 of 7 Posts