close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

West Branch crappie

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Lewzer, Jun 27, 2007.

1. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

I'm bored at work wishing I was out in the hot sticky rain we are getting in Brecksville at the moment.
    Here is one of my favorite crappie spots on West Branch. It's about 1' deep and I was getting crappie on a small crankbait that day.
    Anyone recognize the spot?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Whaler

Whaler Whaler

It looks like a spot my buddy and I fished about six weeks ago for Crappie and Bluegills. It looks like a small bay we were in about a mile west of Rock Springs Rd..

3. Looks like the rail bed behind it. Tough to tell but west end sounds right!:G

4. Sure looks like a bay off of Knapp Road, I fished there in the boat a couple of months ago, right after Ice out, saw a couple of boys climb out on that tree abd almost got a bath several times. Caught some big crappies back in that bay , the weeds have probably taken over by now, last time in they were getting pretty thick. If I had to bet on it I would guess this is the place.

Good Fishing Guys :C

5. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

I know of an area in Jay Lake that looks similar, but goes deeper back than that. Unless you've worked your way back in considerably. ;)

6. I've done well in that cove too. Caught a couple 15 inchers in there, but it was earlier in the year...