close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

West Branch Crappie

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Ruminator, Jun 19, 2007.

1. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

Is it too late to still target crappie do you think?

I'm thinking of west of Rock Springs Rd.

My brother asked me to take himself and his father-in-law out fishing on the 30th or 31st.

2. It's never too late for the crappies, I say ! I'd look for them near the bottom in 12-15 FOW on ledges out away from the shore.

3. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

Big crappies and bluegills and a few walleye on the main lake by the dam side this past weekend. They were about 6 FOW on jig and twister.
    The bays are dead, stay on the main lake.
    I took a 1/2 day vac today and am headed there in about 10 minutes. Should be good fishing with the storms rolling through!

4. I like to bounce 1 oz sinkers with perch/crappie rigs up and down the dropoffs with a slow controled drift. you can do this all the way out to twenty feet @ WB

MikeC

5. i just went out there this morning and caught 23 after i was done muskie fishing. 6-10 feet of water. jigs and twister tails

6. Monday night at dusk we were at the south side of the dam spillway halfway along the rockwall in 6' of water bouncing small shadraps off of the bottom and hit a half dozen crappie before we lost our light. Most fish we caught were along that area at the 6-8 foot depth.

7. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

Thanks alot guys, I really appreciate your help. :B

I was just thinking about fishing the west end past Rock Springs Rd. because I'll probably be taking them out Sunday evening.
    With all of the boaters churning up the lake all day east of the bridge Sunday, I'm concerned about the fish being in a negative mood? :eek: :confused: