close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

West Branch/Berlin

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by joe01, Jun 10, 2004.

1. joe01

joe01 Functional Fisherman

I was thinking about going to one of this places on sunday, to fish for some eyes. Can anyone help me out? Where too go what to use. And most of all can anyone give me some luck????? Will trolling husky, or just jig head tip with worm.

2. The walleyes are biting on plain jigheads with medium minnow about 10 to 15 feet from shoreline between the hours of 830-1030 pm at both lakes... try to find rocky shores or quiet boat ramp. I Caught 10 keepers and only kept limit... largest was 24". I caught all of them in an hour and a half. Almost every other cast. Hope this helps... Rooster tails might work for the bigger walleye too... attach a minnow on that also.... You may end up with a muskie... I suggest at least using 24 lb spi-wire. I did this last night at Westbranch and caught small Walleye, smallmouths and I got a hold of a muskie around 4 foot... I didn't have a big enough net. I was using a medium size kodiak combo with 24 lb spi-wire... he was about a foot or two from the shore when i saw him then he turned and made his final run breaking the hook.

Try fishing for Walleye around the pillars underneath bridges with jig and minnow at Berlin...