close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

West Branch bassin'

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Tritonman, Sep 17, 2004.

1. Just wondering if any of you hardcores have been out to W.B. for black bass?
    I might wonder out there this weekend for a father and son trip. If you have any suggestions or know of the water conditions let me know. I would appreciate it!!!!!!!!!!!! Let me guess the water is going to be high and muddy?

2. Timbr

Timbr Alaska Grayling

I was thinking about going to WB Sat. night for crappie. I did well last Sat. got 100+ nothing huge, biggest was 12" Anyone have any water conditions after yesterdays rain?

Thanks
    Tim

3. Reel Lady

Reel Lady Dreams DO come true!

Wow! 100 crappies???? lol... I have a hard time catching 1 fish let alone 100 crappies... Maybe you'll share your secret? :D

Reel Lady (Marcia)

4. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

I haven't been out there in three weeks, but I was catching largemouth at the end of fallen trees where they were submerged in about 6 - 8 feet of water. The longer trees farthest from the shoreline were producing the best. Hit the dam at night with tubes for some awesome smallmouth action.

5. Timbr

Timbr Alaska Grayling

Reel Lady
    Last wk they were shallow and tight to cover, the wk before that I was getting them in 17 f.o.w. Minnows on one rod and a jig on the other.

Tim

6. Reel Lady

Reel Lady Dreams DO come true!

Thanks Tim for you information. I think that Rob and I are heading out to West Branch this evening... or maybe Mosquito.. Still undecided at this point. We have not had great success at either. I would really love to target crappie or small mouth, or a muskie would sure be nice! Gosh, for that matter, ANY fish would be nice! I've definitely not been so lucky the last few times that we have been out. We've heard that the catfish at Mosquito are great, along with Pike and Crappie. I also hear stories of these great Musky, smallmouths, and Crappie at West Branch. I've yet to experience them, thats for sure! :eek:
    If anyone would like to share any info on West Branch or Mosquito with me, that would contribute to my fishing success, I would sooooo appreciate it :D
    Happy Fishing!
    Marcia