close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

West Branch Bass?

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by dmk, Aug 9, 2007.

1. dmk

dmk

I see a lot of reports on fish caught but no one has mentioned catching any bass. Am wondering what is happening with the bass (if any) in west branch. Will be fishing a small club tournament there on the 26th of this month and am wondering what I can expect. Does anybody know of any other events on that day on West Branch?

DMK

2. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

I was cranking weed edges and picking up small fish. A keeper here and there. West Branch is tough this time of year!!

3. dmk

dmk

An after thought on my part; what is water level and color. Is the lake near normal summer pool?

DMK

4. dmk, not even close. It's still down a little over 5' even after these rains.

5. west branch is a poor bass lake period, numbers are low

6. I have had just as good of luck at WB then any other lake in Ohio.... This time of year with the droughts has made for tough fishing on every lake! If you want to catch em...Get in the weeds with a frog and you should do well. Good Luck

7. I caught 8 of them out there on saturday! 1 about 17in. a smallie about 16in. and 5 others were from 13-15.. and one was about 6 inches!! they are in there! gotta force feed em though! I fished one stump for 20 minutes before i got a hit on it and then I got two!

8. dmk

dmk

Where are the weeds located? Haven't been up there this year and don't know lake real well. Put in on west end last year and didn't find any weeds where I fished.

DMK

9. right now they are all over! I haven't been doing much in the weeds I have been doing better off of points and lay downs.... the ones that you can find! I went out last night for about 2 hours and I caught one real fat 17 incher.... really healthy looking..... but I missed so many more than i caught! I probably missed 6 fish! 3 of them followed my bait all the way up to the boat! now what would cause that fish to follow it that far and not take it??? maybe a color change next time... I was fishing jigs and worms! good luck if you get out there!

10. Maybe they are learning to follow from the muskies. lol

11. luredaddy has caught all the muskie so now the bass are taking on muskie traits! thats good!