434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reminder for those interested:

Saturday morning Crappie Tourney at WB Bait and Tackle located
along Rt. 14 right next to Arnie's Steakhouse at the southwest end of
West Branch.

Bait Store opens at 5 a.m.

Fishing time 7 - 4.

Details were in a previous post. Search out West Branch posts.

Steely123

p.s....I'm not plugging any one certain Bait shop by the way, just thought the more boats the merrier...or $$ in the pool as they say.....

·
TeamOGF
7,003 Posts
The owner said they had a 16 team field sign up for this one. We talked to a couple of them and there were defintely guys with skills in the tourney. Even so, it was a tough day for them as well.
Bluebird skies, never saw a wisp of a cloud all day. The water was like coffee, to all the way muddy at places.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Weird, we go from 20 fish and almost 20lbs to winning the tourney with 10.5lbs??? I'm confused and don't know what to believe! bdrake, if you did win, great job!!! Not sure where the fish were at on Saturday but on Sunday they were shallow and biting very well!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thank you. We fished 7ft all day and never left the spot that we started in. All of our fish but two came on watermelon tubes with no minnow. We caught almost 60 for the day.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Congrats Bdrake....
Me and my brother n law were in it...

1 fish all day...talk about embarrasing....we didn't even go to the
weigh in this year....oh well.....

we tried literally 50-60 tree tops in the sticks and nothing...1 time came out to 19 FOW and tried finding them suspended and nothin again...

I'll understand if you do not want to share too many details but,
when you were fishing the tubes, were you pitching them out and jigging retrieve back to boat ?...or just bottom jigging beneath your boat ?...

I just wanna start catching them on other stuff than minnows all the time...
thanks for any advice and nice job on the tourney...that's a good # of fish to be caught during a bright day like it was....

later...
steely123...

p.s. welcome to the site......

·
TeamOGF
7,003 Posts
Welcome to OGF, I'm glad you posted to clear it up.

Congratulations on your win! :B And thanks for the depth and lure details.

We were told at the bait and tackle store by the owner that 20 fish at about 20 lbs. won the tourney. :eek: ;)

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
:C Congratulations on your win in the West Branch Tournament, and thanks for correcting the weight. I was at the weigh in and I know the length was correct, but the weight I was not sure of, but I knew it was not 20 lbs. I wanted to get in but couldn't , great job to all who were in the tournament. From sounds of it , you all had a tough day. ;) :F

·
Registered
11 Posts
Steely123 you can fish tubes either way. Fillping them or vertical jigging them both ways work very well. The day of the tournament we vertical jigged them:

·
The Lucky One
2,130 Posts
I was going to post earlier, but decided not to.The winning weight was 10.5lbs.Didn't want to stir anything up with those who watched the weigh in.Congrats to the winners!!!.......Mark

1 - 14 of 14 Posts