Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning just my 2nd trip on WB this upcoming Sunday. I caught (and released) a 32 incher a few years ago troller a shad rap. We plan on trolling most of the time for this trip also. Does anyone have any advice on lures, colors, depths, etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Don't worry....all fish will be returned to fight another day.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
All ive read and heard is shallow runners in shallow water for all different bodies of water. Headed to C.F. this weekend
________
Ffm blowjob

·
Powderfinger
7,789 Posts
I don't musky fish and have never caught one but I talked to quite a few musky guys at the dock and they are saying the same thing.
This info is kind of dated (April 22nd) but they were catching them trolling over the submerged weedbeds
3'-4' deep, 2.5-3 mph about 10' behind the boat.
Jay Lake was "hot" according to one guy.
Last Sunday (29th)when I was out there the water was much more muddy and the crappie bite was slow compared to the previous couple of weeks.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Right now your best bets ...
Troll under 10 ft.. short lines... look for emerging weed and warm flats
Tuff Shads, Bagleys, Mordas Baits, Shad Rap, Ernies, Small Grandmas... If you dont have those try hot n tots , wiggle warts , thunder sticks, Big Macs .. etc
Firetiger, Chartreuse, Orange anything bright because the water will prolly be stained.. Good Luck .... Guy
http://muskie_guy.tripod.com

1 - 4 of 4 Posts