close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

West Branch 9/10...

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by luredaddy, Sep 10, 2007.

1. Fished from 7 to 2, ZERRROOOOO!!! Trolled, casted...
    The only positive thing is I am not teaching, and there was not a Sea Doo on the lake!!!!! John:D :T

2. mirrocraft mike

mirrocraft mike Now in a Alumacraft

OH you been teaching all summer. When you post i take notes .I just wish you would pass out more homework. LOL Anyone else been going to summer school this year with Luredaddy teaching :D MUSKIE 101 I would like to thank you for sharing your knowledge on these fish.

3. esox62

esox62 BORN TOO LATE

yeah daddio, i was there today too for awhile. i think it is the first time i have seen that lake jetski-less..!!! i was shocked. got a 35' on a burt in the weeds had another follow and lost another dink...

4. Sorry about the fish but great to hear about the Sea Doos.

Absolutely.

5. mirrocraft mike

mirrocraft mike Now in a Alumacraft

Come to think about it you could be the sub. for this class . You have had some nice posts yourself this year . I need to get to wb

6. Thanks Mike. Not too bad for my first year after Muskie. I have a long way to go to catch up to LureDaddy and VC1111.

7. Cant wait for the bait to surface up again! Fisin WB in the fall has some great angeling

8. Jig,
    I hope you are right, but last fall, that was not the case. I caught my last Musky Nov. 3, and fished until Nov. 14. The last few I caught were large and girthy, but the balls of bait were not there. I know the ODNR has been concerned about the loss of the forage base, and I think they have every right to be concerned.
    John

9. esox62

esox62 BORN TOO LATE

yes there are by no means the huge ballls of bait that there used to be at the branch. something is going on there for the last few years and they dont know what it is. definitely a loss of big musky too, not numbers, just the big girls...

10. I thought the ODNR was crazy when they said the bait fish count was low until going out on Milton a few times. Sure hope they can figure it out.

11. Only thing I see diff is lake levels. WB has alot of bait in it just not shad.

12. esox62

esox62 BORN TOO LATE

jig, the balls of bait used to show up as black screens on the sonar...havent seen that since 02'..now they are balls here and there..when the weather is right, you can sit on milton at sundown and watch waves of bait on the surface..everywhere! ..w.b. still has plenty of bait as you say, its just not like it was... its strange how lakes go thru changes over the years...they all do. 4 yrs ago everyone was bitchin about no weeds in west branch{me included] now they are back and in places ive never seen them, that is key for forage..some people say its just a phase the lake is goin thru and it will come back..i pray that is the case...i dont know, i aint no fisheries bioligist..just an armchair fisherman. but time on the water makes you see the changes..good and bad. and they are always intriguing...!