close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

West Branch, 6/27, Otter/ Musky...

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by luredaddy, Jun 27, 2007.

1. Four years ago, I had an Otter cavorting by my boat for at least 30 minutes. Today I had another, maybe the same one searching the shoreline. I also lost a BIG Musky, and landed a 37". I would not have posted without the Otter encounter.
    John
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Nice pics John! You sure can tear them up. Bet the otter appreciated it too!:B :p

3. We enjoy your posts John. Don't feel like you're rubbing it in. Post those pics. It gives me confidense when my turn comes.

4. ‘luredaddy’ That’s a nice looking fish. Thanks for the pictures and the enjoyable post. West Branch really is teaming with wildlife. I’ve never seen an Otter out there. However, there has been many evenings where I’ll be out fishing some remote stretches of shoreline and I’ll look out across the bank and see tons of beavers working the shorelines. They’re so big and thick that when you make a quick glimpse your mind plays tricks on you and you think your seeing tons of Bear cubs until you focus and realize that it is just a family of Beaver hard at work…….TightLines!

5. DanAdelman

DanAdelman getting jigging with it

i caught a nice 4lb channel last night and about 6 crappie... and also seen an otter i forgot my camera so i didn't end up with any pictures but i sure hope to figure out those muskies also...congrats on the ski

6. Ever look over the dam face at night. Like being in a bubble!:p

7. I've seen mink out there before, and beaver, never an otter.

Nice musky too!

8. Tom R

Tom R

What did you catch it on?

9. i saw your otter while out there this morning. he had a friend with him too. they were just swimming in the same direction i was trolling for about five minutes. really neat to see. only hooked into one muskie this morning and unfortunately lost it. i don't think the hook was ever in it's mouth. it just kind of grabbed it and i got a couple of head shakes and that was it. it was pretty cool that i felt the whole thing though...i had just got done letting my line out and the rod was still in my hand. one hit is better than none. it was an absolutely gorgeous morning to be out. thinking about hitting it up again tonite as well.

10. Ok 4th post and I'm going to ask a dumb question..... being from NW and only ocassionally visiting NE, What are we talking about as the west branch? My wife is from right around Guilford lake and said there is a west branch school district, but I was thinking maybe it is refferring to the west branch of the Hoga??

11. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

West Branch is formerly known as Michael J Kirwin Reservoir. I have no idea what it is the west branch of.

12. West Branch schools are in Beloit, Ohio. There is no relation to Michael J. Kirwan Reservoir aka the West Branch of the Mahoning River!

13. Dmuntean

Dmuntean Bassmaster