close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

west branch 6-25

Discussion in 'Muskie & Pike Discussions' started by chappy, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Fished wb wednesday , 1 follow and my son had 1 take a swipe at his bait .

2. Thanks for the report. I got skunked yesterday and today. Maybe next week.
    John

3. MuskieJim

MuskieJim Trophy Tamer

There was a 49 incher caught at West Branch about a week ago. Was caught by a bass fisherman (friend of mine) using a 1/4 ounce spinnerbait. Go figure. Hey chappy, your son catch anything on that Topraider yet? :) I FINALLY broke my in two weekends ago. Got a little 33 inch dink, but he crushed that topraider. HAHA!

4. esox62

esox62 BORN TOO LATE

interesting, ive caught more than a few dinks on spinnerbaits out there..specifically, little hot ones{.5 oz.} but never nuthin over 36" thats a great fish. its the only spinnerbait ive had any action on anywhere in ohio...

5. Hey Jim , no he hasn't but he throws it every time where out . he likes the new hellhounds I just bought.

6. MuskieJim

MuskieJim Trophy Tamer

Hellhounds are sick lures. They have great action and are easy to work. I just got a few of the new delong killer eels, same thing. Great baits and real easy to work.

7. Just got back from camping there Monday until Friday morning. Didn't get to fish much on Monday and was skunked Tuesday also. Went 1 for 3 Wednesday. Had my drags set to light I think and the two nicest fish got off after a short fight. Boated a 30". Thursday lost a nice fish in the morning and tightened my drags to what I had them last year and boated a nice 40" in the afternoon. Friday I had the chance to take Jig out for about 1.5 hours and he brought in a juvenile fish about two foot.

8. crittergitter

crittergitter Multi Species Angler

MM, good to see you got into some fish. Looks like you planned your vacation time well. Congratulations.

CG

9. Thanks CG. My daughter left her phone at the camp ground so I just had to go back after it yesterday evening. Boated a nice fat 41".

10. Good Job Steve! I hope she was with you.
    John