close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

West Branch 6/06...

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by luredaddy, Jun 6, 2007.

1. To me the biggest thrill in Musky fishing, is short line trolling over weed beds. I have caught Muskies with only 18" of line in the prop wash. Today at WB I had 7' of line out, trolling over a weed bed. The Musky is only 36", but he was an acrobat, what a thrill. As you can see, it was cold and windy. Best part, a strong release that got me wet!! :) :T
    [​IMG]

2. good job!i bet that is fun.i'll have to be up there in the next couple of weeks to cast for em.

3. Your killing me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Short leads and jumping! I can't take it anymore! LOL They are begging for their weekend break. Nice job again John I'll be sitting in the boat in your garage when you get up! LOL

4. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

What's up with the gill on that one, LureDaddy?

5. Not sure on the gill cover, he had a really good scrape on his side also. I use a Beckman treated net, I think he may have been caught before.

6. You're slammin' em!

7. BigDaddy300

BigDaddy300 multi species angler

Great job!!! I see you found your razor:D Who says you can't catch fish after a cold front:p

8. You make it seem so easy John. I'll be sitting next to Tigger in your garage. lol

9. I'm already there, Mac. Bring coffee when you get here in the morning.:p

10. BigDaddy300

Don't forget me, extra cream and sugar, I am in his truck:D

11. You were late!! No muskies today, caught two Pike casting a bucktail. Nice morning. John

[​IMG]

12. More teeth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't set the alarm! LOL Is a pike in the esox family?

13. Esox family, yes it is. If that 32" fish , had become unsnapped, I would have sworn I lost a 25 lb Musky. When I finally saw it, I laughed out of respect. What a fighter.

14. Vc is heading out there right now. I thought about it but it would keep Carly up to late for school tomorrow. I'll have to wait for tomorrows pics! LOL There are some nice pike in Westbranch.

15. No pics tomorrow, not fishing. Three day break for me and the toothy ones.

16. I can't go either. My youngest is getting her tonsils and adenoids taken out in the morning. John (Tigger), Carly still has school? My Carly and Alex have been out since last week. John (LD), any suggestions for night muskies? Seems to be the most available time for me since I work the night shift.

17. Steve,
    West Branch is the CLASSIC lake for night Muskies. I did it once, I like to see what I am doing. In July/August, when boat traffic is the heaviest and water temps the highest, go at dusk and fish about three hours into the night. They will be feeding. Troll normal daytime baits, and hang on. When daytime boat traffic is the heaviest, have at it. Dam area, and edges of large weed beds.
    John

18. Thanks John. I can't wait.

19. BigDaddy300

Steve. Good luck with the little ones surgery. I remember when our little girl had it done. That was terrible. She wouldn't eat or drink for a cuople of days. I felt so bad for her.

John. I was on my way to your house and remebered something that I forgot to do. WORK!!!:( I guess I will have to wait for the weekend.:D That is a nice pike.

20. Thanks BD300. I hope she does better than her older sister did. It took Carly about 3 weeks to get back to normal. Sure helped her in the long run though.

Yeah, I was all set to head to Johns after work and fell asleep. lol