close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

West Branch 5/22

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by KSUFLASH, May 22, 2004.

1. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

Headed out to WB tonight, in search of some eyes and or crappie. Got to the west launch ramp and to my suprise, it was flooded. In order to launch you needed to wade up to about your chest before you reached the docs. I launched and headed out. I lost 2 eyes at the boat and landed 1. The water is high and muddy. Surface Water temp is 70.2 degrees. I got a nice sun burn as well.

flash---------------------------------out

p.s. I remember why I don't care for WB as much, due to all the jet skiiers, water skiiers, and others that could care less about no wake zones or even cutting you off as you head to your next fishing hole. I guess you will have that everywhere though.

flash--------------------------------out :rolleyes:

2. That is why I fish electric only and 10 hp limit lakes.

3. Hey Ben , I know when the water is that high it is real hard to launch your boat. How far did you have to sink your truck in order to get your boat off the trailer?? Ive seen some guys back thier trucks in so far that when they opened the door all the water rushed in . I am going to try to get out before the weekend madness if work allows.....JIM

4. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

Jim, the biggest problem I had launching was with the high water and the docks so far out, you had to get pretty wet too get out to the docks so that you could tie your boat down. I am sure the water level will go down soon though. I had no problem backing the boat into the water, of coarse my truck isn't a low rider.

flash-------------------------------------out

5. Worm Drowner

Worm Drowner Banned

I was there yesterday and launched from the west ramp. Other than it being extremely crowded with pleasure boaters, launching was ok. Yes, you had to wade through about 3.5 ft of water, but having learned my lesson in the past, I brough along a pair of chest waders. :D

6. iwdavefish

iwdavefish Fishin' Fanatic

Were you chasing muskies and how did you do?

7. Worm Drowner

Worm Drowner Banned

Yep and not worth a darn! Too much sediment stirred up in the bays. I didn't figure to do much. It was just too nice a day to not get out on the water.

West Branch has been tough as of late. I got one dink 29" last weekend and that has been it. Fished Pymatuning on Sat with no luck. Got chased off after a few hours due to lightning.