close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

West Branch 5/19/07

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Big Daddy, May 19, 2007.

1. Hit it with cfish and Nick today. Caught a few crappie, including two SLABS that were both well over 14 inches... One spawned out, one was round and fat with eggs... She'll finish the job as she went back in.

Kept 7 fish total, between 9 and 11 inches. Not the best day ever, but was a TON of fun. 14+ inch crappie are a HOOT on slider heads!!!

One decent bass too, about 2 pounds..

2. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

Nice report Carl, glad you guys found some.

Had they moved out to deeper water?

3. We caught them all shallow. The west wind wouldn't let us set up on the deep spots I wanted... There were definitely less fish shallow though.

4. they havent spawned out yet,last weekend the males were just shallow.the big cold front we got pushed those fish out deeper.we were there yesterday,it was too slow for us compared to last weekend.we ended up with 17 crappie between my dad and i,9-13.5inches.we made a lake switch to portage and finished the day up with around 100 gills and shellcrackers.

5. Lou

Lou

Water temp. and clarity?

6. some bays clearer thean others,depends on where the wind is hitting.60.1-61.6

7. Lou

Lou

Thank you.

8. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

water level has dropped about 9 in. this week alone. thats whats pusshin the fish to deeper structure