close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

West Branch 4/24

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Big Daddy, Apr 24, 2004.

1. Caught 45 today, threw most back. Three were Fish Ohio's. Saw blance out there. Did you find the muskie? LOL.

Posted pix in the gallery. Oh well, fish to clean and beers to drink! Oh yeah, I also took the TV camera out there today and got some GREAT crappie fishing video. It was a blast!

Carl

2. Nope never found him again, lol. Good job, that's alotta crappies. Just beat around the bays there on the west end after making a trip up into the river mouth. Ended up getting 9 crappies in a couple stops on the way back to the ramp. Thought about having them for dinner, but decided to send them on their way and stop at pizza hut instead.

Barry

3. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

I was out there with a tourny saturday. There was only about 17 bass caught total, but I heard a lot of muskie stories. Most were that they were hitting right at the boat. We had 3 muskie 30 to 36 inches that hit right at the boat. All three scared the heck out of us when they hit. They were all on points. We were 1 of only 10 boats that weighed fish. The bass were buried in the brush.

4. How did the Living Large crappie team do? Hope you all tore 'em up. Sure wish I could have been there for the competition but do to work calling me in Sat. night and my brother who had a liver trans Fri., I just had to bow out this year. Lord willing I'll be out there next year with my brother who btw is doing great.

5. We did OK. Came in 5th place out of 26 teams. We did limit out (20 crappie) but no big ones. Most were 10 inchers, had 3 @ 11, 1 @ 12. Added up to 14.15lbs.

19.05 won it.

All in all, a great day. We limited out, stayed away from the lightning, and had fun. That's what mattered.

Glad to hear your brother is doing OK. I have a nephew that had a liver transplant when he was a baby and is doing great now.

Well, that's about it.

Carl

6. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

- Congratulations, Carl. You certainly had some stiff competition and still bettered your finishing position this year. It was nice to see you again. How about those barbequed ribs and fixin's that West Branch Bait & Tackle provided all the competitors? They went first class.
    I saw my first honest 16" crappie today as well. I don't know whose jaw dropped farthest, mine, or Mrs. Ruminator's. LOL

- Mr. Creosote, I'm glad to also hear that your brother is doing well. What do they have you doing now for 12 hours a day? That was a pretty amazing road stop you accomplished the other day. I wondered what young punk was trying to jump around me in that small section of road; and then at the stop light(red) this guy gets out and starts walking toward my door. When I got out, I had just recognized you in my rear view mirror. Too cool, and I was able to give you back your stuff. ;) ;) :cool: :cool:

7. Ruminator! I saw you there, I kept looking at you and I was like I know this guy, but I was like no, it can't be but I looked at some pictures from the outing and I was like that has to be him lol Myself and my buddy didn't even weigh in. We had a bad day on the water, we only boated 2 crappie and one 28" Northern Pike. We didn't stand a chance with my little 5 horse motor when it came to getting into the good spots, the boys with the big motors had what few spots i know pretty well secured. That was crazy the disqualifying of that one team, and that one guy winning both competitions but only getting the money for one. Keith McKee the new West Branch Bait -&- Tackle owner is a good guy though. Big Daddy I might have talked to you, if you were fishing some of those brush piles in the earlier hours of the tournament but I'm not for sure. I wish that I could have spoke with you guys, at least we'll have the may 15 outing to look forward too. I won't be hard to spot. I'll be out on a little 12 foot alumminum v bottom boat with custom tightliner decals on the side. Take Care and TightLines!

8. Tightliner,
    Do you know the reason for the dq?

Jim,
    Hahaha. Thanks for the compliment. Just think, somebody thought this 52 year old grey headed fat guy looked young. Hahaha.
    What do they got me doing for 12 hours? Agonizing in the most exquisite torture. I seriously considered amputating my feet just to get some relief.
    Btw, I don't think you have to worry about anybody pestering you with that maneater in the back seat. One look at that sucker and I was searchin' for the nearest tree. :eek:

9. That team was DQ'd for showing up late to the weigh in. Rules are rules. He wasn't really that late, but how would you feel if you were in the $$$ in a tournament and a team showed up late, was allowed to weigh in, and beat you? Would that be right? I does stink that they were DQ'd, but 4pm means 4pm.
    As far as the winning two pots, according to Keith, you can only win one prize in the tournament. It was stated in the rules, from what I understand. The team that finished 3rd also had the "big fish" sown up with that 16 incher. Personally, I think the team should have taken both prizes, as the "big fish" pot was optional. I think a lot of guys felt this way. Next year, Keith said they're going to change the rules.
    Tightliner, I don't think it was me you were talking to. LOL. We hit one spot and stayed there all day, beating it with the long rods, just West of Rock Springs Rd. Also, you don't need a big motor. My 9.9 still got us a limit! LOL.
    The food was great. All-in-all, a good time.

Carl

10. Worm Drowner

Worm Drowner Banned

The a-holes seemed to be out in full force on WB Saturday. I certainly hope that none of them are members on here as I'd like to think we have a better class of fisherman on OGF.

A-hole number one owns a new-ish white ranger with black trim and a 175 hp Evinrude. This winner decides to blow through Silver Creek Bay (a no-wake zone) at about 35 mph! This, of course while the bay is full of boats. I couldn't get his registration number or I would have been on the phone to the park rangers. He only left the bay at 15 mph. What part of NO WAKE is unclear?

A-hole number two is two idiots bass or crappie fishing. I was casting the bay behind Goose Island and these two winners decide to come into the bay and cut right between me and the shoreline that I'm casting. One even had the audacity to ask if I was catching anything, to which I replied "Not when ******** keep running up my *** while I'm trying to fish." Of course, Mr Rocket Scientist just looks at me and keeps going. If I'd have been using a larger lure, he would have gotten an 8" plug full of 4/0 hooks upside the head! :mad:

11. fffffish

fffffish Muskie 1 Trolling Thunder

Just a reminder it is no wake from the bridge on Rocksprings road all the way up to Rt. 14. But those of you that can afford it the fine is only $100.00 dollars for breaking the no wake rule. 300 feet from shore all bays and any were west of the bridge. W.D. the guy in the bass boat only went 15mph until he got to the front bay then he went back to full throttle the rest of the way out. Rusty caught him back in the river on his way out and told him to slow down but it did no good.