close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

West Branch 07/07/07

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Bowling Jim, Jul 7, 2007.

1. We went to West Branch today and after 1 hour of swimming and 1 hour of tubing its was finally my turn to have some fun in the boat. We went to the no wake side and I was using jigs for crappie. I caught a few and my 15 year old daughter was getting mad because she couldn't catch any blue gills with her bobber. I gave her a jig and in 1 hours time we caught 24 crappies. It was her first time ever catching anything without a bobber and she was super excited. Made my day watching her catch those fish. We had a lot better time out this weekend than we had at Berlin last weekend. I did not hit any cement blocks today (LOL). :)

2. I like the fact that when fishing west branch theres not many places that I can't motor my boat right into the shoreline and reverse her right back out. No way at berlin
    I quit going there years ago because I was always nervous about loosing a prop of worse.

3. Where is the no-wake zone at West Branch? I had good luck this spring launching at Rock Springs and heading south toward route 14 and am having trouble finding the crappie now.

4. BigDaddy300

BigDaddy300 multi species angler

Everything under the Rockspring bridge is suppose to be no wake. Some of the big bays like jay lake and silver creek are no wake also. Good Luck