Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Powderfinger
7,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took a 1/2 day from work and went to West Branch yesterday. Searched all over for the crappie and found one each in the normal spot 3' of water and about 1 1/2' deep minnow under a slip bobber in the brush. Nothing deep.
The crappie were almost white. No color at all. Cooooold water.
I tried out the new leadcare setup and trolled from Jay lake to the dam till dark. No hits but was very interesting to see my line drop at a 45 angle and tick the bottom in 35' of water.
Did see one knowledgable fisherman out there (brother owns a baitshop;) ), He was sitting on a spot that drops from a few feet deep to about 25' deep. Going to have to try that area this weekend.
Another guy was sitting on the hump off the Cable Line launch as we were coming in. Wonder how he did?
The water wasn't coffee, but was kind of milky east and west of Rock Springs road all the way to the dam.
Next week is going to be hot with a few degrees rise in water temps. Lots of fustrated male crappie out there.:)

·
BORN TOO LATE
448 Posts
yeah thanks, what was the temp??

·
Powderfinger
7,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We talked about checking the temp but our hands were too cold and we were too lazy to pull the thermocouple out of the tackle bag.
Let me assure you that water was cold but I can't give you an accurate number.
I'll be back out Saturday night through Sunday.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts