Were you too late?

Discussion in 'Vermilion Hawg Fest' started by Lundy, Jul 3, 2008.

1. Lundy

Lundy Staff Member

We have been receiving a bunch of phone calls from teams that were going to enter the Hawg Fest only to discover that it is full.

We're sorry that many of you didn't register in time to make the field this year. Registration was open for 29 days. I wish we could take as many boats as wanted to fish but we just do not have the resources to accommodate more than our 105 boat field.

We began the announcements in March of a June 1, registration opening. We continued those announcements and increased the frequency a couple weeks in advance of the opening. Once registration opened we posted the news on 4-5 different fishing websites. We posted updates every few days as the field filled quickly. We did all we could to get the word out to those that wanted to fish the Hawg Fest.

Many of the callers have been asking about a waiting list. There is no, and will be no waiting list.

We currently have a full field of 105 boats. Any of the current entries can withdrawal prior to Sept, 10. On the morning of Sept, 10 we will determine the number of open slots, IF ANY, and post the information in this forum, Hawg Fest Forum, listing the number of open slots and provide the PayPal link for registration. We will fill any available slots, IF ANY, on a first come, first serve basis.

Please contact Brandon or me with any questions you may have.

Thanks,
    Kim

2. Lundy:

It is unfortunate that some people did not get in, but at the same time everyone should be excited and proud that this event has attained this level of status in a very short time. As usual, this event will be exciting, fun, and competitive. Next year I am sure that those that did not make the field this year will (or should) be the first in line to sign up. OGF did a great job of informing the public of when and how to register, as well as letting them know the maximum size of the field. If they had not done such a great job of sharing this information, the tournament would not have filled so fast. You guys should give yourself a big pat on the back and drink a cold beer in celebration of this success.

Scott Bower