close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Went to Rocky today 3-11-05

Discussion in 'Steelhead Talk' started by atrkyhntr, Mar 11, 2005.

1. WOW talk about pretty... Dingo hooked me up with a spot and it sure looked good... I did not see another person the whole time I was there...
    I hooked one and it cut me off in some shale I think and broke off real quick so I did not even see it... I saw 2-3 fish feeding or whatever it is they do LOL but could not get anymore hits in that hole... Which was the one at the bottom of the trail Dingo...
    I headed to the left and did not have any luck there at all... I need to learn how to fish that water there better...
    I then headed to the right and hooked one right after a little island in some kind of fast water and man it jumped twice before...
    DOWN I WENT... :eek:
    slipped off a long rock and I got back up real fast and not really wet except my jacket and arms but I lost that fish too it was gone...
    I had my camera with me in a water proof bag and it made it through no prob... Guess I better get those felt pads and glue a spot or two on eh???
    Both fish hit maggots on a single hook.. about 5-6 of them...
    I didn't hook anymore and see anymore feeding but that looks like a good place to fish especially when the water goes down a little more...
    On the ride out I saw alot more guys fishing then the day before at least 20 more easy...
    Here are a couple pics of the area...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Awsome looking river! Those steelies are AMAZING! Just hooking into one for a few seconds gets your heart pumping. I love it when you hook into a really good one and they come up out of the water 5 or 6 times!

3. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

i was there today for just a little while as well at the boat ramp area.

the water was fairly off but not at all unfishable; several other fishermen were also around the very general area.

i did see a few fish caught.

i had no problem catching my "usual", ive gotten quite good at it actually. :)

3 leaves and 1 twig to round out the day.

:cool:

4. hahahaa...
    Sounds like you had fun...
    Theycan be caught at during the day but they are more spread out but at night the lantern keeps them in tight and catchable... If that is a word LOL

I posted this reply about smelt not steelhead LMAO

5. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

hey good report man, good to hear you had fun as well.... sounds like one of my typical outings (the fallin in the water part).

next time those fish wont be so lucky ;)

6. I can't go again till mon morning :D
    and can't go tues :(
    but can go the rest of the week... :D

7. I was in the neighborhood, today, visiting my mom in Lakewood, but I didn't have time to stop by. I'll have to check it out the next time I'm there.

8. I was @the river around 5:00 or so and it should be beautiful tomorrow and a bit clear come sunday.

9. I am not trying to steal your spot, but is this the area just south of the nature center? I always see a bunch of weekend warriors fishin this area and was wondering if the nature center area was any good? PM me or email me @ elitepitbull@yahoo.com

10. Thanks for the pics , Iknow that spot exactly . fish it quite often myself . Give me a yell , should be on or near that spot on Mon. am. with my brother . Only chance for me for the next few weeks as long as the river stays good.

11. ...never have fished around that center ...yet...

maybe I'll see you there Mon at the Spot... but I may hit some other areas with lures trying to learn the river better...

12. atrkyhntr....
    Sent you an e-mail, check it. Thanks again for avatar.

13. Got it....
    See you guys tonight...