Went to Buckeye Today

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Micro_Mini_Angler, May 26, 2008.

1. Micro_Mini_Angler

Micro_Mini_Angler live-2-fish

hey guys, im back, lol well i headed out to buckeye today, it was really the first real fishing trip of the year for me, i didn't do to bad, we got out there about 6:30 this morning, used minnows and night crawlers, we ended up with a crap load of yellow bellys to count, 1 crappie, 5 sunfish, 1 carp, 1 channel cat, and a very healthy 15 inch largemouth, caught the bass literally 3 feet off the rocks. So all in all it was a good day.

2. Yeah we didn't do so good out there today, launched around 9. I did manage to get a 10 lb + catfish. Nothing was hitting the minnows, TONS of small tugs on the line with crawlers, not sure what it was. The carp were spawning like a MF. Literally, Buckeye is a bow fishers dream right now.

3. Micro_Mini_Angler

yea, the carp were everywhere, i mean it seemed like every 2 seconds, u would hear them splashing around, it actually got annoying. lol

4. Oh, it got very annoying. I didn't realize how big the carp actually were in the lake. With a net and a good bass boat you could catch 100 carp today easily. Where were you fishing when you got your yellow bellies? I am guessing the sunfish were about 2-3 pounds?

5. Micro_Mini_Angler

Millersport, there is a little park and there is a little canal and right at the mouth of the canal there are a bunch of em' they get kinda annoying after a while, y do u like to catch those

6. Well when your not catching anything else, catfish never fail in Buckeye. The lake is full of canals. It's just hard to find the fish in some because of how shallow they are.

7. Micro_Mini_Angler

yea, that lake was basically put on the map for cats and carp

8. Do you know anything about the pipeline back in Herron Bay? Or does anyone?...

9. Micro_Mini_Angler

Pipeline? really? tell me more

10. Bubba bass bigfoot

Bubba bass bigfoot Lucky Fisher, or skilled?

sounds like a good day. Any pics?

11. Micro_Mini_Angler

nope i forgot my camera at the house sorry:(

12. Well we took the boat back into Herron bay and you know where all the lillies are? Well there are signs posted that says pipeline,no boats. Then there a signs that say dredging to. They must be making the canal deeper?