close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

went shakey

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Walter Adkins, Jul 17, 2007.

1. I normally do not go and buy the "new thing" but the shakey worms just looked like they would catch bass. And they do. I hit a local pond yesterday that gets tons of pressure. The bass have seen everything thrown at them and just have lock jaw. Normally I can spend 5 hours on this pond and catch 2 small bass. But that changed yesterday with the shakey worms. The pond is rocky and clear down to about 20 feet. So when I would see a bass I would toss out the worm and just shake it in place. The bass would look at it for a while then take it. I caught 17 bass with two of them being 4lbers. Needless to say my one pack of worms ran out so I am going back to the store. I can not wait to try these on river smallies.

2. topwaterdevil

topwaterdevil SMB and Saugeyes.

Which colors were you using?

3. It was a earth worm looking color with a little purple streak in it.

4. fishingredhawk

fishingredhawk Ohio Hawg Hunter

I caught my personal best bass on a shakey head on Lake Barkley earlier this year. It is a great presentation when conditions are right. Good job.

5. liquidsoap

liquidsoap Pay-it-foward fisherman

Nice job walter!!!
    Were you using a spot remover???

6. Yes I was. Some times experiments just do not work out and other times you realy hit on a good lure and presentation.

7. SwollenGoat

SwollenGoat Scourge of Hoover

Nice job Walter. Will these soon replace the tried-and-true tube jigs on the Greenbriar?!:eek:

8. Green Pumpkin, as with many other plastic lures, seems to work well with the Shaky Head presentation as well.

9. I haven't seen it in Bass Master magazine, in Bass Pro Shoppes or heard anyone else talking about it: What is the "shakey worm"?

Is it a new lure, presentation or both?

10. Well you can buy actual shakey head jigs and shakey worms but it is a presentation and can be pulled off with a regular jig head and a stiff worm. You rig a worm on a jighead so that it stands up on the bottom of the water, them you let it sit in place and just jiggle your rod tip and it will shake. Best explanation I can give ya!!

11. Orlando

Orlando Set The Hook!

Funny how old things come back around. This method isn't really anything new. Something we used to do years ago. Just like everyone getting on the red color on lures, hooks etc. Guys used to paint the backs of their spinnerbait blades red.

12. You never heard the saying that Old is new. Orlando, did Noah use this same lure presentation off of the back of the ark. heheheheh just kidding.