close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

wellington upper res.

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by jay01, May 22, 2004.

1. jay01

jay01 Banned

We caught some gills, but I want to know about thous walleyes.Any one know how to fish for them up there?Or any one got lucky by caughting one?I read an artice about divers in the up ground.After they got done cleaning the water intake,they were just doing a dive to kill time, and seen an abundance of hog walleyes.So again anyone ever done any good?????????/ :confused:

2. Dingo

Dingo

Never walleyes, but some big pike, channel cats, crappie, bass, bluegill. Will be trying tomorrow morning (Sunday) for the eyes there, unless the wind is blowing too hard. I would think that they might be a bit shallow (as in other lakes at this time of year), but that place doesn't have much shallow water.

3. try jiging some Vibes in the shallower end (west).
    All around the lake it is 30 feet deep out about 50 yards or so, then it comes up to depths ranging from 14 feet to 3 feet at some places in the middle. The exception to the center getting shallow is over by the water tower. It is 50 feet deep.
    Be ready to get into a mess of big perch there also. Have the marker handy.I have caught perch up to 13 inches long there.

4. Dingo

Dingo

Hit wellington upground Sunday morning with some success. C & R'd some bluegill. Most small to average, but a few good sized ones. A few crappie as well. Started to troll in the canoe, but the wind picked up to the point that it didn't feel real safe out there. That's the biggest issue with that lake -- there isn't anywhere to hide from the wind that's always present.

5. Put To Pasture

Put To Pasture Put To Pasture

Did you ever have any success at the Wellington Lower?I do not know anyone who has ever fished there

6. A buddy of mine caught a really nice walleye out there earlier this year. The last weekend of april while bass fishing. I dont remember what he was using but it was a good fish.

7. Wannabitawerm

Wannabitawerm Flatulent Entreprenuer

Fished the lower in the fall. Caught some average crappie and some nice cats. The deepest I found was about 9 feet. South shore and west corner seemed to be the best spots.