close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Wellington Upground

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Wormdunker69, Aug 9, 2004.

1. Mixed bag........Crappie, blue gill, perch and large mouth, all caugh on Berkley Bungee Worms, 4" size. Also talked to a man with a 22' Walleye so I guess that there are still some in there. All fish caught by us were got by drifting with the wind.

2. jay01

jay01 Banned

Nice job on lake sat caught about 60 gills, and 8 very nice perch. I took 2 close friends they havnt been there in years. All the fish were caugt on a jig called a fitch.NO bull smallest on was 9in or so they were some serious dandys.

3. Where is Wellington upground ? This is a new one for me.

4. jac

jac

south of wellington rt 58 turn on to Jones rd maybe a mile down on right

5. jay01,
    OK, I'll ask, what is a fitch?
    Bill

6. jay01

jay01 Banned

Bill a fitch is a small jig head it has usually a marrobo body,or some crystal flash body.most people would use them for ice-fishin.If they were bigger it would be used for steelhead.Alright cool good luck to ya..

7. I tie my own steelhead jigs on a #10 jig hook, how much smaller can a person go?

8. jay01

jay01 Banned

Im not sure I might of mix up my size. The hook size is a long 8. I didnt think I said a hook size though. Well any way the head of these jig are orange.Joe01 and I didnt caught a whole lot this weekend on them. This weekend was small white tube jigs,and chartruse and white ice jigs.We did tip some with crawlers and wax worms.. more crappie this time.Well good luck of to hayward wi for some muskie take care happy fishin.