close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Well it happened Browns Fans...

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by blance, Nov 30, 2004.

1. "A man's got to know his limitations"
    Said in my best Clint Eastwood voice.

Go Brown's!

2. All I can say is. It's about time.

3. Good riddance.

Another great "football genius" of our time goes by the wayside. When you clean out the Front Office and take on all the resposibility for a team, as far as personnel decisions, etc., and the team never gets off the ground, you must also be held accountable for YOUR plan not working.

So long Butch.

Hello Nick Saban....

4. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Finally. let the rebuilding begin!

5. Rumors are flying about Ty Willingham's fate at Notre Dame. Perhaps he will take over for the Browns and we can benefit from another college coach. :eek:

Whoever gets the position will be looking at a tough job to turn the program in the right direction as fast as Browns fans deems necessary.

6. crankus_maximus

crankus_maximus Crankus Baitus Maximus

Whoever they bring in can't be any worse than old Butchy. Thats for sure. :rolleyes:

7. That is what I thought when they were looking to replace Palmer. :rolleyes: Butch had a brief line of success that at least got them to a borderline playoff team. But that seemed to be the peak of his tenure. At least Palmer was dealing with an expansion squad.

8. Tee

Tee Team OGF

I hear Dave Shula is available... LOL. He is now in charge of Shula Steakhouse (running his Dads Restaurant). Jez the awful memories the Bengals fans have went through.......

There is also Bruce Coslet (Bengals scout) or how about Dick LeBeau (Steelers Def. co-ordinator).

I know.....How about ........ JOHN COOPER

And the Next Browns coach is........ MR. Hanky!!!!! Hidey Ho!

Just Teasing Browns fans... we Bengals know the feeling.....

9. bttmline

bttmline E.B.C.C. Founder

i hope they replace him with a seasoned nfl coach, but if we do get a good coach, we'll probaply trade him for a rookie.
    bttmline

10. Well, hopefully the stress is on "interim". Just because they scored 48 points in a LOSS to the Bengals, does not qualify this guy for a head coaching position. That offense was down rigth horrible all year.

It makes you wonder why the decided to pay the 4 years remaining on Butch's contract. Must have been a "ease our pain, and resign" deal so he could get the money. How he could look himself in the face I have no idea. I won't be buying any Browns tickets anytime soon. Wonder if my boss will pay me 4 years of salary to leave and quit annoying him? I'll take it.....!!!!!!

Eric

11. It was brought up that the Browns need to hire a head coach with NFL head coaching experience.I don't see anyone like that out there right now.They will have to wait out the season,and see who else gets fired,or "resigns",then hire someone else's problem.No,I personally don't want to see another college coach in here either.We haven't had any luck going with defensive coordinators either.Maybe we should look at a successful offensive minded coach,hire a great GM,and let him find a defensive coordinator.Everybody is all bummed about the Browns at the moment,but in reality 85% of the pieces are in place,we just need one or two good drafts in a row,and maybe a free agent signing or two,and a decent coach to bring it all together,it could happen.

12. I wonder if Bill Parcels will be available this off season. I think the Browns need to be called some names and embarrassed by their coach. :p Anybody other than Butch will be a step forward. I've been calling for his head the last couple of seasons. I'm glad they have finally gotten rid of him. Just throwing a name out here but what about Bernie? He was a pretty good QB we could give him a shot at the Head Coaching job. He can't do any worse than Butch did this season. Just an idea.

13. Chuck P.

Chuck P. Here We Go Steelers

Dick LeBeau will not, I repeat, WILL NOT be leaving the Steelers anytime soon. He has a job in Pitt for a very long time.. ;)

Maybe the Browns will call Dave Wannstedt. You never know.. :)

14. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

I would not want Dick "oldman LeBeau " As head coach of the Browns..He was a flop in Cincy.

15. I think Bernie will be working for the Browns in some capacity now that Davis is gone.I'm thinking GM maybe,but definitely not head coach,not yet anyway.The only "seasoned head coach" I can think of that they could entice would be Denny Green,by now,he has to be crazy in Arizona.That wouldn't be my choice though,I want to see them offer the world to Jimmy Johnson!

16. catking

catking Banned

Would be a good choice. He needs to get the heck out of dodge. Arizona is just a 1/2 step ahead of Montreal for sports :rolleyes: ............ Jimmy Johnson???Interesting, but he won't leave the booth for anything........ CATKING

17. Heck Boys I Ll Do It,not The Best Job In The World But It Pays Good.i Can T Be No Worse Than Butchy............. Right???????

18. Chuck P.

Chuck P. Here We Go Steelers

LeBeau is not a Head Coach type of person, He is a far better Coordinator. I think he'll retire in Pittsburgh unless something mind boggling happens.

Maybe we should start a "Who will Coach Cleveland Next" pool.:D

19. I think they need to focus all of their energy in getting some good football people in the front office before they start trying to find a coach.
    The last thing that franchise needs is another situation where the GM and/or president is stuck with a coach he doesn't like or want.