close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Well, gave it a shot (online poker)

Discussion in 'Computing & Gaming Discussions' started by captnroger, Sep 15, 2005.

1. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

Paradisepoker.net is sponsoring a FREE shot a a million dollar online tourney. You have to qualify to enter of course. I took my shot this evening and fell up short, but finished a respectable 28th out of 1797 players (see screen shot below) - you had to finish in the top 10 to get a seat in the million dollar tourney. Hope I get another shot at this soon. It was fun, I had a great run of cards as you can imagine. At one point for about 20 minutes mid-way through the tourney I was chip leader with about 358 players left!!!

And for the record, I raised all-in for about 120K in chips, and my boat lost to a bigger boat on the river :( .

[​IMG]

2. peon

peon account delete

good try.. i aint no good at that stuff....it would be awsome to see someone on ogf win that.. they could buy us all a new rod/reel combo!!! :D

3. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

Actually it's fun, give it a try, it's FREE best of all and they run the tourneys every couple of hours.

4. ParmaBass

ParmaBass Kiss The Converse

I'm sitting here waiting for my chance. 45 min. to wait, perfect OGF time.

5. I heard about that million dollar game, so whats the catch? Is it really free or do you have to sign up for something. I want to give it a shot but dont really want to sign up for anything.

6. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

all you have to do is register, it doesn't cost a penny

7. I checked out the site but dont see anything about the tourney? Can you only enter it once?

8. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

yes. Download the client, and click on the 'tourneys' section of the client, there are games every several hours.

9. Thanks, I'll have to check it out from home. Dont think I could get away with doing that at work!:D

10. ParmaBass

ParmaBass Kiss The Converse

I didn't fare as well as you 254 out of almost 1200. That took a long time. You must of sat there for 5 hours to finish in the top 30.

11. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

Just over 4 hrs, you can see the total time in the shot above. You did well though!

12. Iron_Chef_CD

Iron_Chef_CD Allez Cuisine

Good job captn! I think I'll give it a shot if its still going on this weekend.