close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

well boys we tore that river up!!!

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Sleprock, Sep 1, 2007.

1. Sleprock

Sleprock fishing cabrewer

I am telling yall the one i lost was huge!!!!

Kevin when you catch that sucker i wanna see the picture he was at least 22"

well thanks for the help this morning, it was fun 7:00 pm

making tacos and drinking margaretas.

2. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

great report,LOL.

3. cantsleep

cantsleep 3rd shift blues

Oh come on, we need a better report than that!

4. Ok heres a sligtly more detailed report....

All boats weighed in their limit... Young Whiskers and I caught 35 smallies, and a carp.. We had a solid limit 3 nice fish...no kicker fish....lost the one i needed an hour prior to weigh in.... we ended up with a respecatble 3lbs 4 oz. and took 2nd place

Slep had one really nice fish and two others that filled his limit and one of his fish tied for big fish. His weight was 3 lbs 3 oz... finished 3rd

LMR smallmouth and his partner had 2 lbs 13oz......and kevin landed a 9 lb carp and had everyone fooled as he goes down the river bragging about his claim of catching the "BIGGEST" fish of the day.....hahahaha...they finished 4th

And the winners had 3 lbs 8 oz with the other tie for big fish as their kicker fish....This was redtail matt and his partner... I think they had told me they caugt like 13 fish or so...Congrats guys!

It was a lot of fun guys... we are giong to have to do this again!!!! i hope i was accurate on the fish counts and weights.. I appologize if anything was wrong....

5. redtailmatt

redtailmatt Member

We had a great time on the river. It was nice to fish a new stretch. We could have used a few more inches of water to make the river more floatable (300 lbs in the rear of a canoe makes the bottom drag a BUNCH) My partner (Musky Hunter) caught a gar, it was cool, I have never seen one and he had never caught one, so a few firsts. I want to thank Slep for getting this thing going and LMRsmallmouth for the last minute directions. We should get another one going on the GMR somewhere. Dont know where or when but I would like to do it before the season gets too cold. Thanks all, Matt

6. Sleprock

Sleprock fishing cabrewer

i would also like to add another thank you to lmr for all the help setting this up! the spring turny was the insperation and i tryed to follow his example

P.S. that fish i lost was huge!!!!!

http://www.miamiconservancy.org/flood/pdfs/gmr_map.pdf

here is a map of gmr link lets start planing to do it again i will fish river until the temps don't get into the 60's

7. Muskie Hunter

Muskie Hunter All Species Trophy Hunter

Thanks to all for getting this tournament started; had a great time for fishing the LMR for the first time. We had 3 pounds 11 ounces by the way. Our big fish was 15.5" and 1 pound 7 ounces. My parter (redtailmatt) and I wound love to get a tournament started on the Great Miami River somewhere between Sidney to Tipp City; great quality smallies in the GMR.

Good Fishing,
    John

8. fshnteachr

fshnteachr Lovin' the Outdoors

Sounds like you guys had a great time. I am jealous, wish I had come instead of trying my luck with the Squirrels Saturday morning. I am in next time for sure.

9. LMRsmallmouth

LMRsmallmouth LMR Master Angler

Ok Guys.....
    Sorry it took me so long to post these, I got home from the tourney and felt really sick to my stomach so I have been on the couch for 2 days. Feeling better so I might go out today!!:)
    Anyway, here are a few pics from the tourney for you. Congrats to John and Matt for being the winners and John for big fish (tie). Just like all the tourneys in the past, this was a blast. We seem to be getting "regulars" to show up to the tourneys and I know that everyone is having lots of fun. I cant wait till the next one!! Lets set this up! (I can't win em all...hehe)
    Slep....When I catch your fish I will send you a pic....then show you that it was only a 17"er...hehe
    Here you go boys, enjoy...Had a blast! Too Bad my carp wasn't a smallie!! Was a fun fight, but I was bummin

Attached Files:

10. fshnteachr

fshnteachr Lovin' the Outdoors

Great Pics!! Looked like fun, when's the next one?

11. TimJC

TimJC Carp Angler

What strecth did you guys end up fishing?

12. LMRsmallmouth

We fished Morrow to S. Lebanon

13. TimJC

TimJC Carp Angler

I thought I saw an unusual number of cars at the canoe launch in South Town this last weekend.

14. LMRsmallmouth

....and I caught that carp in your backyard....which I am sure you have caught plenty in...lol

15. TimJC

TimJC Carp Angler

I have never caught a carp from the LMR. I did catch a smallmouth buffalo at Foster a few years ago though.

I've been thinking about starting a baiting campaign at the canoe launch but the water in South Lebanon is quite shallow.

16. LMRsmallmouth

I would like to give them a try sometime...I am sure you have a thing or two you could teach me. The fight the other day was something to remember!!

17. TimJC

TimJC Carp Angler

I'd probably create more confusion than anything else :D Euro-style carp angling is such a different concept from what we are used to.