Welder needed

Discussion in 'OGF Member Service Directory' started by zoofishin, Mar 2, 2009.

1. zoofishin

zoofishin

0   0   0

Looking for someone who can weld the front bench seat in my boat. Small 14' alum.Can't afford welding shops prices for what I paid for the boat. Only needs welded on one side, maybe 16 inches long. Thanks

2. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

0   0   0

sometimes welding will cause more problems. you might want to go with some metal and screws. welding makes aluminum brittle and subject to more cracking,especially if it is not done by a professional.

3. zoofishin

zoofishin

0   0   0

To be honest I never even thought of doing just that! The only issue I have with that is leakage. Do you know of any product that would seal around the screw holes to stop water from entering. If I get the seat fixed I am probably going to get the bottom Rhino lined(sister-in law works for a paint shop)so its cheap. Thanks for the idea..

4. Brent Nickel

Brent Nickel

0   0   0

You should check the weight capacity of the boat before you rhinoline it. That stuff weighs alot and could put you close to the carry limit of the boat.

5. zoofishin

zoofishin

0   0   0

I shouldn't have any issues. I'm only doing the floor,not the sides . Even if the weight is close I'm the only one who fishes in it, but shouldn't be an issue.