close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome our newest Ohio CAG member

Discussion in 'Carp Discussions' started by RiverRat, Mar 28, 2005.

1. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

Dave Skulich,
    My fishing partner and fellow Ohio Carp Crew member.

I know he doesnt talk on these forums , but he does visit from time to time so i'll let ya in on a bit of history about him:
    Dave grew up on the Ohio river in Stubenville(yea you can mess with him about that like i used too, but be warned..its best to get to know him before making too many jokes..lol) He was in the Army and was in Germany for many years, hes now a concrete worker and is married with a young son named David.
    I met Dave about...geez, 14 yrs ago through a friend of ours and we clicked right from the start . We both prefer to fish river and hes the one that turned me on to the Ohio river. We have had some of the most awsome fishing times together and its been a blast. Dave came to Columbus many years ago and didnt know where to fish so Griggs, O'Shy. and some of the lakes like Alum was his stomping grounds for years...i turned him on to the Scioto and many streams on my side of town.

We both grew up catching carp along with many species and when his nephew Jake(buckeyefishingnut) went out to Ca. for a year both Dave and i took on carp more than just part-time...the rivers had just not given up the flatheads like before, which weather like nasty spring rains played a big part in it...so carp filled the void and its been a blast for both of us.
    He used to only fish with spinning gear until i met him, heck i think hes got more baitcasters than i do now.
    Hes got the euro Fox pod,WB&T alarms and baitrunners...just not going the long rods just yet..lol.

Scott

2. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

he's a great guy to fish with..i talked to him for awhile there on saturday.. he was about to leave when his reel screamed, he ended up stayin a couple hours more or something.. :)
    welcome dave..