close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

weird home page problem

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by esoxhunter, May 28, 2004.

1. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Livin' the moontime

Back in the day, GFO.com was and IS my current homepage. I've been trying since April to change this to OGF.com with weird results. I do the whole TOOLS>INTERNET OPTIONS bit daily and as soon as I boot up or restart my computer, I'm back to gofishohio.com as my homepage (yes, I am hitting apply before ok). Yesterday I dug into my windows folders and found the cookie left by GFO and promptly deleted it. Changed my homepage to OGF and it worked for like one night. I turn the computer on this morning and I have gofishohio.com staring me in the face. As you can imagine, this is getting annoying. Anyone out there use GFO as your homepage and have trouble getting rid of it ?????? :confused: :confused: :confused:
    EH

2. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Hmmm...when in IE Tools > Inet Options, reset all to defaults. Do you know your way around the Windows registry? If so, do a search for any keys with gofishohio.com in them and delete em.

You might need to yank all your cookies too.

3. Fish Tale

Fish Tale Sea Food Eater

esoxhunter

To change your home page;left click on start,left click control panel,left click internet options,and on that page you should be able to type in the home page of your choice;then every time you launch internet explorer the home page you typed in that space should start.