close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Weighing them fish....

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by BANDIT, Jan 17, 2005.

1. Any pros or cons on the Berkley® Big Game Digital Lip Grip or the Rapala® Lock N Weigh. I want to purchase one or the other but not for sure on which one yet.... Thanks for any help. :D :D ;)

2. I have seen them used very effectively on steelhead in the rivers where you have the fish laid on its side in calm or slow moving water. Would think they might be difficult to use in a boat if it was anything but a fairly calm sea. I use a rubber landing net or my hand in the boat and also hand land fish in rivers. I feel a separate scale is better as it can be easily replaced when it quits working.

3. WLB

WLB Northern Ohio Fisherman

I'm not really sure which one, but one of them swivel and 1 doesn't, saw a show the other day where Roland Martin was talking about them. Of course he said the boga grip was the best because it's one of his sponsers, but he did say it made it easier to handle the fish if it swiveled.
    I'm in the market for 1 too, I'm leaning towards the boga because I haven't read anything bad about them but the price.