Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone keep their fingers crossed. The weekend Marine forecast for Sat & Sunday doesn't look bad other than the probability for rain. I finally have some weekends free to fish......now just hoping mother nature is nice, and cooperates for us all!

·
Registered
91 Posts
(&^$(&))__(, Got mine crossed on both hands, can ya tell.
Hope to get out soon, especially with this weather pattern and the fine lake forecasting this year. I came across a new lake forecast site, it's at
the drive-to-the-dock.com, "GOTTA SEE IT WITH ME OWN EYES". Feel bad for the guys making the long haul.
Maybe we'll get "lucky". Fish good, be safe.

·
Kiss The Converse
4,560 Posts
This upcoming weekend is about 2 months away as far as the wave forcasters are concerrned. At this point in the week it's better to check at the ramp Saturday morning yourself or use the new website the guy above me found, drive-to-the-dock.com lol

·
The Inferior Fisherman
2,644 Posts
For the guys making the long haul it's tough. I'm pretty close so I check the crib cam if it's light out ( and if it's working), and also give a call to Wildwood marina for a wave report if I am in doubt. Saved a few trips over the years when light and variable meant 3 to 5's.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ya, Drive to the dock is the best when you live close to the lake. Unfortunately I'm an hour & half drive away. So Before I leave I:

1.) Check bouy data off Lorain
2.) look at about 3 different nearshore & offshore forecasts.
3.) Look at the realtime interactive weather radar map for the area I'm fishn.
4.) Flip a coin if its questionable
5.) Keep my fingers crossed that my educated quess didn't cost me 3hours of wasted time driving and about a half of tanks worth of gas for my truck.

....still keeping fingers crossed for the weekend!

·
Defensor Fortis
4,379 Posts
The radar is showing rain in the Cleveland area and Intellicast says light rain. From the webcam it is hard to tell.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
I have a charter booked for Saturday so I got my fingers crossed to, its a makeup date from 6-30 when they had 6 footers out there, my Son and I are really getting excited.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
been trying to find a "good" saturday to come up...this one doesnt look to be the one AGAIN!:mad: sucks living 100+ miles away, cant hit it after work for the evening bite and being limited to weekends with crappy weather it just doesnt allow me to get up often...i think i need to move north!!:)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wave Warrior, I know the weatherman's predicting rain right now, but with the way these fronts have been moving through its been hit or miss in alot of spots. I know yesterday if you looked at the radar it should've been raining at my house starting at 10am, but never seen any steady rain until about 8pm. Everything was being soaked up by the dry air up high. Same type of system is moving up from the south for sat. Then a weak cool front from the NW on sunday. It's almost identicle to the forecast from last weekend. We fished Sunday when the Cold front was moving down from the NW. Hindsight, we should've braved the rain sat and fished as the reports were better ahead of the cold front. We still caught fish sunday, but I think we would have done better fishing before that cold front moved in. Thats my two cents on erie fishing......keep your fingers crossed and flip a coin is about the only safe way! LOL!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, here we go again. Saturdays not looking the best, but Sunday looks fishable at this point. As usual though, you look at 5 different marine & weather forecasts and they are all different. Mother nature willing, I'll be fishing out of Vermilion again Sunday AM. If your out in that area give me a shout on Ch. 68. Good luck everyone.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Commodor, I'm with you there. I'll definately try the nearshore bite and if that doesn't work then take the boat ride to deeper waters. Good luck everyone and be safe out there!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts