Weekend Fun

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by kmb411, Sep 17, 2007.

1. Well, I convinced my younest son, 7yo, to help build a platform on the front of the old boat. We used some scrap wood that was laying around the garage. I used scrap because I wanted to experiment with deck height, strength and what not before I built the permanant platform.
    So we worked on it before and after the Buckeye game (what a game!) and had all the gear ready to go for Sunday morning. Right as we left the house, we saw one of the RE Max hot air ballons setting up to launch, so we spent a half an hour watching that. Talk about COOL!
    We ended up on Alum at Cheshire and ran into SwollenGoat and his buddy- good to meet a fellow OFGer. Cole and I started in Big Run and found the crappie bite was on! Used home made jigs with minnows about 6 feet below a bobber and had a blast. We went through 3 dozen bass minnows and kept 10 nice slabs for dinner. On the way out, we met EE.
    It was nice to spend quality time with my boy, both in building and in fishing. He commented sunday evening that it was the best fishing he has had because we actually caught fish and caught keepers. I enjoyed being able to finally find fish and putting faces with handles.
    Hope y'all had a good time on the water and I will see you at Hog Fest if you head up!

2. Congrats on the quality time spent with your son and the nice fish. Sorry that you ran into Swollengoat. He didn't scare your son to badly did he? :p :D

I enjoy fishing with Misfit when we catch good fish, but that hasn't happened in a while. :(