close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Weds Nite

Discussion in 'Bucks and Does' started by 5Cent, Oct 6, 2004.

1. Got in the woods at about 4:00ish. Didn't see a darn thing tho. Saw 12 on the drive home. I'm debating resting for another week or so. This is rediculous.

2. they are still in summer time patterns right now.i would not give up yet this is a great opp for a big buck before the pressure of the rut comes on!!field edges at dusk is great action this time of year

3. Oh no, never giving up when it comes to deer hunting,lol. Was just thinking of giving it another week for things to spice up some more, w/ the temp dropping some. But it looks like I'm heading back out tonite again, roomates wantin to go. I'll post results.

4. Now's the time to be out there. Within a week, they'll be getting out of their summer patterns. I'm a firm believer that opening weekend is the best time all year to kill a particular big deer. If you can pattern one pre-season, you have a good chance of killing him early. The brother of a buddy here at work killed a 160 class Sat. evening, and a friend of mine brought over a big 8 pointer for me to mount. He killed it at first light Sat. morning. I scored it at 143" net. Beautiful deer.