Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to caesar's creek today, just around the bank since i don't have a boat. My friend and i had no luck. The weather was cold and the water murky. Hope to go back on friday but I'm not sure now. I figured that the weather change would mess the fish up. Anyone else have any advice? It would be greatly appreciated. I'm tired of striking out.:S

·
Registered
226 Posts
I have some advice...don't fish CC. Even with a boat, the fishing isn't very good. If you want some action...go a little south to Cowan or west to Loramie.

·
Registered
281 Posts
try around the 73 bridge with this cold front fishing will be tough maybe win the sun breaks through the clouds the rocks will hold some heat maybe 2-4 degrees warmer if not go down south haha.;)

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Walk back to where flat fork pours into the lake. Fish right where the water pours in. We were fishing from a boat back there and watched a guy catch a bass from shore throwing a soft plastic craw just below the last riffle before the lake.

·
Banned
1,784 Posts
vinny -
Have read and heard some good saugeye reports in the spillways - Indian Lake in particular here in the SW region. CC spillway has reported well this time of year in the past. Periods of reduced outflow seem to get the best reports in the spillways this time of year. From what I am hearing, it is spillway time for the bak fisherman. Cowan had a good crappie report last week from bank fisherman in the lake at the dam. Though the crappie were mostly small, some good ones mixed in.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Eastfork has great fishing opportunities for crappie, especially just out from the "boar's head" ramp, fishing the trees with slip-floats and minners you can slay them.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I posted about the crappie at Cowan dam. Lots of action...very little size. Good place to take your four y.o. daughter who loses interest if they aren't fast and furious...

I've heard good/promising reports from good'ol Grand Lake. It's been down the past few years...maybe it's finally out of its slump. My dad did well there last weekend (8 over 10") and said he was the only guy he saw fishing?!?!?!?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts