close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Wednesday Nighters at Portage Lakes

Discussion in 'Tournament Discussion' started by Mr.Bass., May 5, 2005.

1. Mr.Bass.

Mr.Bass. Banned

Last night was the first Wednesday nighter of the season. Went to see the weigh in, I didnt fish. Good thing I didnt because there werent any impressing weights brought in. 9.5# took first 5.5# took a check. Big Bass was something like 4.10#.

2. anyone know the winning weight for Wed. 5/11?

3. Procraftboats21

Procraftboats21 Original OGF Member

12.5lbs ---> smeltzer/amideo

4. Are the full standing posted anywhere on line? I was curious how Endress/Endress did....

5. Mr.Bass.

Mr.Bass. Banned

No they arent online, it is just a small open club that you can fish when ever you want. They dont have a website or anything.

6. Reel Man

Reel Man Member

Mr. Bass, Who do you contact if you want to fish one of these opens? Any idea what the entry fee is?

7. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

i believe the entry fee is 20$ you just show up and give them the money.

8. The guy who runs it is Marty Salchak and I saw him a couple times at Norton Marine working there so I think you get ahold of him there.

9. Mr.Bass.

Mr.Bass. Banned

Yes his name is Marty Salchak, his phone number is 330-618-4433. If you cant reach him with this number give Norton marine a call at 330-644-5020.

The annual yearly fee is $40, but after that it is $20 a week. Show up whenever you want. Pay at ramp.

10. Reel Man

Reel Man Member

What time does the tourney start and end? What is the payout? How many boats normally participate?

11. Mr.Bass.

Mr.Bass. Banned

Tournament is from 5-9pm, registration is at 4:15 all boats must be registered by 4:45pm Blast off 5pm

On a good day you can expect close to 50 boats, last 2 weeks we have only had maybe 35-40 boats but will pick up later in the season. Are you thinking about fishing a few Rob?

12. Reel Man

Reel Man Member

Reel Lady and I have wanted to fish an evening open. We considered Mosquito on Thursdays if we can get over there but may try Portage one of these Wednesdays.

13. Mr.Bass.

Mr.Bass. Banned

Cool maybe we will see you guys out some time. Oh ya i forgot, payouts are based on participation (boats) they pay back 5 or 6 places.