Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone heading out tomorrow? Been watching the weather closely and it doesnt look like anything is going to hit until the afternoon. Anybody see any different weather forecasts? Planning on launching out of vermillion.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Im heading out tomorrow morning- it is suppose to blow SSW winds 10-20 knots. I would suggest not going out 10+ miles incase the lake kicks up in a hurry, being far out and a strong south wind can be a long miserable and perhaps dangerous ride in.

I think im planning on hitting hot waters at 6:15am and coming back in around 1ish

·
Flatulent Entreprenuer
2,601 Posts
The morning should be good. Wish I could get out, but work is calling. The drift should be perfect. I'll watch for your post.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was going to stay in close and wok between vermillion and cranberry. if no takers in there i will probably work back east towards lorain. i was planning on being off by 3 depending on the weather. still looks like nothing until 5 or later. good luck and i will post results.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We picked up 8 on wednesday and we never went deeper than 30' of water. Picked up one in 15' of water. Tried trolling cranks, spoons, and harnesses and none took fish. All fish taken drifting with some color combination involving orange. Most productive drift was between the park and the castle 24-29'. I did not write gps numbers down. We ran out of crawlers around 430 and had to call it quits.

·
Registered
113 Posts
ODNR,
Just curious if you were picking up alot of junk in that area too??? I'm planning on heading up to Vermilion sometime this weekend and was going to try in shllow first before I ran to deep water. Anyone trolling that area? Any info would be appreciated, Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts