close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Wed. morning gills

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by oufisherman, Jun 9, 2004.

1. Went out with a buddy first thing this morning in search of another large hybrid from the pond mentioned in an earlier post. However, the large fish were not cooperating. We started fishing at 6:15 and went till after 8 at the first pond. My buddy did catch a small hybrid about 15 inches and I caught 7 or 8 small largemouth bass, none over 10 inches, and one small crappie. It was a very slow morning, which was suprising. I might hit it again on Friday morning, this time with some minnows. ;)
    So we went over to another close pond in hopes of getting some bluegills for the freezer. I started fishing for bluegill but didn't get the size I was looking for at first. After throwing the first couple back, I realized that I had better lower my standards for a future fish dinner. Anyways to make a long story shorter, we ended up with 22 gills around 6-8 inches. THe three biggest were all 8 1/4 inches, which were nice.
    I'm sorry to see the nice 70 degree weather go, because it sure got hot today. Oh well, guess I'm gonna have to start wading after some smallies to cool down :D