close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Website problems

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by NickRummy, May 22, 2007.

1. Does anyone else have problems with notifications being seriously delayed for topics and PMs?

Like this morning. I just got a notification for a reply to a thread on the 17th. A lot of times I have to sign in to see my PMs because I never got a notification that I had one.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Nick

2. sporty

sporty OGF Team - Charter Member

Hey Nick,

I'll PM you my home e-mail address. Forward me the message and I'll see what I can find in the headers.

Thanks,

JEff

3. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

jeff,i've heard of others having the same problem.

4. I got the notification saying someone replied to this thread quickly but never got a notification about the PM you sent. I'm replying to it now.

5. My profile has been set as "Instant e-mail notification" for subscribed threads and I have not received an e-mail in a week or so. I figured I had just turned the option off but I just now checked and it is still on. I think I had that once a while back and I ended up changing the option to something else and then back and it cleared up. This may be a different problem altogether but I thought it was worth mentioning.

6. sporty

I found some of these messages to indicate what the problem is.

The explanation from Yahoo is:

At this point there is nothing we can do on our end.

Please post or drop me a PM if this behavior is noticed in the future.

Thanks,

Jeff

7. The funny thing is that I had commented the other day that I am receiving no e-mail notifications and then later that day I received one, just one.:confused: I have not received any since and it looks like perhaps you found the reason. It is really not a big deal with me because I can just as easily use the User Control Panel.

8. sporty

I meant to ask. Is anyone seeing this problem that is not using a Yahoo email account?