Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else have problems with notifications being seriously delayed for topics and PMs?

Like this morning. I just got a notification for a reply to a thread on the 17th. A lot of times I have to sign in to see my PMs because I never got a notification that I had one.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Nick

·
OGF Team - Charter Member
1,853 Posts
Hey Nick,

I'll PM you my home e-mail address. Forward me the message and I'll see what I can find in the headers.

Thanks,

JEff

·
MOD SQUAD
13,657 Posts
jeff,i've heard of others having the same problem.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got the notification saying someone replied to this thread quickly but never got a notification about the PM you sent. I'm replying to it now.

·
Registered
11,409 Posts
My profile has been set as "Instant e-mail notification" for subscribed threads and I have not received an e-mail in a week or so. I figured I had just turned the option off but I just now checked and it is still on. I think I had that once a while back and I ended up changing the option to something else and then back and it cleared up. This may be a different problem altogether but I thought it was worth mentioning.

·
1,853 Posts
I found some of these messages to indicate what the problem is.

Delay reason: SMTP error from remote mail server after initial connection:
host a.mx.mail.yahoo.com [209.191.118.103]: 421 Message from (70.84.158.68) temporarily deferred - 4.16.50.
The explanation from Yahoo is:

If you are seeing the error code "421 Message from x.x.x.x temporarily deferred" or "451 Message temporarily deferred" in your SMTP logs, this indicates that the message you attempted to send was not accepted at Yahoo!. It is not a permanent error; your system will automatically re-try later.
At this point there is nothing we can do on our end.

Please post or drop me a PM if this behavior is noticed in the future.

Thanks,

Jeff

·
Registered
11,409 Posts
The funny thing is that I had commented the other day that I am receiving no e-mail notifications and then later that day I received one, just one.:confused: I have not received any since and it looks like perhaps you found the reason. It is really not a big deal with me because I can just as easily use the User Control Panel.

·
1,853 Posts
I meant to ask. Is anyone seeing this problem that is not using a Yahoo email account?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts