Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Listened to the weather last night,North winds changing to Northwest waves 2 feet or less.Drove 35 miles to Rocky River,not many in the parking lot should have been a tip.Launched, got to the mouth,North East wind blowing waves as high as my car roof.Went out a quarter mile got worse went in.Saw a fellow fisherman and he had a worse day.Said he hit a wave so hard 2 rod and reel set ups overboard.I would like to be a weatherman,be 50% or less correct and get 100% pay.What is a good weather report for Lake Erie that is pretty accurate.It gets to be very frustrating.Everybody in parking lot was fumed.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Try the wind finder app. It’s free and shows you the wind speed and direction. There are other ones that have a fee involved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
171 Posts
It’s been stated many times on the Lake Erie sight , IWINDSURF for the wind forecast and direction, and right anything out of the north and approaching double digits I stay home

·
Registered
733 Posts
If you go on youtube you can put in lake erie live and it shows a live feed from the crib cam also or avon lake lake erie cam it also has one around avon point.. the iWindsurf app is the best tho and is pretty accurate

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
On the back 9 and loving it!
9,862 Posts
It’s been stated many times on the Lake Erie sight , IWINDSURF for the wind forecast and direction, and right anything out of the north and approaching double digits I stay home
Makes sense to me. We're on the south shore of Lake Erie, so any wind blowing from a northerly directions has a lot of what is called "reach". In other words it can blow a long way without running into anything. Even on inland lakes I've found fishing during a northerly wind can be tough. Wind from a southerly direction is usually much better.

·
Boat name: Reelin n Dealin
687 Posts
Basically if its any North direction wind at 10 -15mph it’s gonna be 2’ -3’ waves.
If it’s NE at 15mph then it’s gonna be real solid 3’s with a healthy mix of 4’s. Anything that’s over 15 mph with a north directional wind then stay at home unless your running rig suited for those conditions.
You can take that forecast to the bank!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts