close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Weather

Discussion in 'Catfish Discussion' started by katfish, May 31, 2004.

1. katfish

katfish Cats are where it's at!

My nephew and Brother in law both thought the clouds and rain were a bad thing this weekend.

I told them to look at the clouds silver lining
    For some reason water skiers and jet ski people go home when it rains. I think they don't like getting wet.

A good thunderstorm kept houseboats from anchoring over our baits and no black lighting bassmasters got hung up in my flathead lines.

My time outdoors is limitted and when I get an opportunity to fish I will!
    Catching fish is not my only goal when going flathead fishing I enjoy the solitude and sounds of the night.

I figured I wouldn't let a little flooding spoil my good time. After all I built the Catfish Queen to fish!

[​IMG]

I did have to find a high spot on the bank to get pictures :D My camera can't quite back up enough on the pontoon to fit a whole fish in the frame.

My brother in law was less enthusiastic than me when thunderstorms rolled in.
    I was fairly happy that we had a section of the lake to ourselves. The spot I chose was out of the wind as possible but since the lake was flooded the pontoon bobbed around a bit :eek:

I hooked a flathead but only after it made a few laps around a submerged tree. I took my small boat out over it and after several attempts I finally figured the fish would come or I would break the line and started pulling.
    Whatever ordeal the flathead was going through it finally decided it's fate would be better if it swam back the way it came and I got it loose

[​IMG]
    I hope to have better conditions soon and better baits for trips in the future.

I am almost certain on the calm beautiful nights with no fish biting that my brother in law will wish for times when the wind howls and the rain falls :D

2. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Nice Flat Robby, how much did it weigh?

3. nice fish Robbie...im guessing 42#

4. katfish

The flathead on Friday night was 44.
    The one I got Sunday night was 40.
    Both seemed pretty full so I reckon they fed hard when the lakes flooded last week.

P.S.
    add another one caught in the rain for Sundays fish.

P.S.S
    Misfit

At least the time we took your line around a tree to get a flathead it was above water :D Sunday nights fish probably graduated first in his school at macreme' class. Again I went to get it with the little boat. Forgot the net but at least I did put on a kevlar glove to lip the beast!

5. Bet a smallmouth wouldn't let you unwind him. ;) :D :D

6. Mr. Catfish

Mr. Catfish A catfish in human form

Nice flatties Robbie

7. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

Hope I get to fish again soon. Nice fish.

8. Chuck P.

Chuck P. Here We Go Steelers

Nice flatheads Robbie....

9. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

macreme,you say,lol.that had to be fun.i think you need to buy another net to keep in the boat :rolleyes: :D

10. katfish

Well the line was so hung up in the submerged timber that I figured odds were very low that I would get the fish out.

Don't absolutely have to have a net you know!

As long as you still have some fingers that work ;)