close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Weather on Opening Day

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by zpyles_00, Oct 13, 2005.

1. Wish this weather would make up its mind, forecast for saturday has changed everyday this week. Keeps going from one extreme to the next. Either low 60's w- rain & wind to mid 70's an sunny. Now callin fer 68 and partly cloudy with slight breeze WNW. Trying to decide wheter im gettin up at 2am and drivin to the marsh and take my chances, or sleep in till 6 and go get in on some awesome crappie and bluegill fishin ? What would you folks do considering the weather ?

If it was going to be low 60's and rainy with some wind, no questions asked hands down I would be hunting. But The brids dont seem to fly as well on these 70 degree days. 1 good hour of hunting maybe and thats it.

2. Darwin

Darwin If your gonna be a bear..

Heck you may be done in that first hour then you can go fishing afterwards! ;)
    I would not miss the first day of waterfowl season w/out a very good reason. ;) Just my opinion.

3. Good Point, would be nice if thats what happened. I hate the thought of missin opening day. I am already going to miss the southern zone opening day on Indian Lake because of a wedding im in, I "MIGHT" be able to hunt till 9am that day, but thats really pressin it. Have to be dressed and at the church at 11:30. They doin pictures before the wedding. Wedding not till 2:30. Thought I was going to be able to hunt till noon. WRONG

4. I know that you mean it was goin to be nice duck weather but now it looks more like a good fishin day.

5. Guess im going hunting, I got all day to fish Sunday so we'll see what happens.

6. People think I'm nuts this time of year when i start getting excited about cold fronts, rain, high winds, and snow. Dude go after ducks, even if it is a blue bird day it is opening day. Only need 6 ducks to decide to fly by your spread, 3 at a time right? :D

7. well of course, now if i can just make my dreams a reality lol. It's been so long since ive shot at something in the air, im gonna need 6 to fly by me just to get on target ....... hunt close to me, im sure i'll scare sumthin yer way lol