Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Left hotwaters this morning and ran to the weather bouy and started with in line 2oz 40- to 80 back and we picked a couple of smaller fish up. Then switched over to 40 jets 30 to 70 back and we started to pick a couple more eyes .Took 2 big FO on a Purple RR . We then went back to some inline 3oz 80 back and finished up with a total of 8 . The trip was cut short because I ran a RR hook in my forearm. I was in and out of the ER in a a hr. The marks were real scattered out there. Saw a lot of drift fisherman moving around a lot.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Hit the bouy after getting off work this morning. Left the dock at 845am. We setup with in eye sight of the bouy. It was kinda eerie out there in the haze. Had a big Frieghter just appear out of it and then slip back into it. We worked a small pod of fish over pretty good. Ended with 15 with a couple of FO's in the mix. Had one harness catch 70% of the fish. Believe it or not iI didnt have any that color. Purple muffin double willows. 3oz 70-80 back 1.9-2.2 mph. A pink blade with red dots and pink back was good and one came on a rainbow trout color blade. But that Purple Muffin was killer.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Moke wasnt trying to hijack your thread... just didnt think there need to be more than one bouy 7-9.... sorry to hear about the hook that ruins a good fishing day everytime.

·
2,461 Posts
Good job on the fish - sorry to hear about the fishhook!

For future reference, there is an easy way to remove a fishhook. Google fishhook removal, string yank technique. it really works. I used it when wilderness camping miles from any ER. A strong pair of side cutters also helps to remove the hook from the lure.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice job Biscoff, I think we were fishing next to you right at the end of the day. I talked to you when we were passing each other. We took 3 fish from that little pod of fish.I had that RR in my arm and we were still reeling fish in.
Good talking to you and well done on the fish.

·
Registered
418 Posts
the hook removal is a must watch. I seen it before and with a reef runner hook I would worry about one of the other hooks re-hooking you so I would say the side cutters are a must. I give props it to the guy who hooked himself twice to show this.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Moke if that was you in the lund then yep that was me. Always glad to help out when i can. I wondered where all went we turned around and ya'll were gone. Saw all the drifters out there but we never got anything high going. All ours were deep.

·
Catcher of Fish
2,860 Posts
I fished from 36' of water to within 2 miles of the buoy yesterday and couldn't get a real program going. went 3 for 5, one on purple RR with 2 oz weight at 80 back, one on purple/nickle colorado 3 oz 80 back and one on purple/red hatchet 3 oz 90 back. Speeds were 1.5 - 2.0. White perch, sheep and biting flies kept me busy. saw the freighter appear and disappear too - pretty weird.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Careful what you say about freighters, there are mockers in the crowd. I'd say 3 for 5 is good solo. I just power washed last weeks bugs out of my boat.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was out there also when the frieghter came from nowhere. It was erie out there. No pun intended. I think it was a mixed bag on how people ddid. You pulled some fish, good job..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts