Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m new To making weapons/harnesses can anyone give me a list of what I will need and places to purchase the items that won’t brake my account?

·
Registered
779 Posts
I use 17 or 20lb Seaguar flourocarbon line,two #2 gamagutsu hooks,quick change clevis with a lip and small gold beads,think 2mm in diameter.Then a #4 Colorado gold blade with a lip.Egg sinkers of,5/8.3/4 and 1oz.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks all.

where do you get egg sinkers from jann's doesn't have 5/8.

I would like to get 5/8,3/4,1oz, 3/8 and 1/2

·
Registered
83 Posts
Reactions: TheSkoalBandit

·
Registered
779 Posts
Penalty box is probably right about using a quick change clevis.You can just use the gold #4 Colorado blade all the time and do just fine.I will sometimes put a copper or silver spoon in pocket and put on for a while if not catching.It rarely works and almost always end up with the gold catching the best.Plenty of info in the Drift and Cast thread in general Discussions above.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Make my weapons 2ft from bead in loop to spinner.But you can get tangles casting them unless you know what your doing.Novices do better a little shorted.Like 18".

·
Eat-Fish-Hunt
1,632 Posts
I use a single size 1 octopus hook and 1/2 crawler for my “weapons”. Works great!

·
Carp53.65
4,235 Posts
My go to for years was 20 pound trilene big game line. Gammy walleye wide gap hook, 6-7 4mm red beads, Lindy xchange clevis, #3 hammered deep cut Colorado blade. Make them around 15” long. When you tie the loop throw another 4mm bead in for the egg sinker stop. Just throw it all in a small plastic coffee can and make them when you need them. If the main line starts to wear just cut it in the can and reuse all the components. If it is muddy water use silk chartreuse beads. That’s all you need.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts