close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

We need rain!!!!

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by pizza, Jul 21, 2008.

1. pizza

pizza

My river :) needs 2+ feet of water for the :B. Long term forecast looks bleak. Be a kid again and join me!

How To A Rain Dance

1. Never do a rain dance on a hill.
    2. Make sure you have a lot of room so you
    don't run into anything.
    3. Spin around in clockwise circles.
    4. Make up your own rain chant. It should be rythmical
    and easy to say fast.
    5. Yell your rain chant while spinning around in circles.
    6. If you are trying to get rid of rain, spin in
    counterclockwise circles and say your chant backwards.

2. I was on the river tonight as well, overall it was very slow and I talked to other people who said rain would help, I just dont want it to be a washout and be unfishable for X amount of days.

3. TightLine

TightLine Member

My lawn needs rain, but now I am able to access the parts of my river;) I haven't been able to get to but once this year.
    Only had a short time tonight but was very productive. No big smallies but a bunch of fun ones.
    A little rain I can live with, the big rains..... I hope I get a week or two to get my fix in before they come. Besides I can go two weeks now between mowing!

4. RareVos

RareVos Lost Sailor

It's really been feast or famine with the rain deal this year. I'll take low fishable water over the swollen muddy flows. Perfect opportunity to sharpen your finesse skills right?

5. looked at the radar and it looks like a big one is on the way
    www.weather.com

6. pizza

pizza

I waded alum creek up by polaris tonite. I spent about 10 minutes and gave up. The water at the lowhead in westerville is barely trickling over -as in maybe 1 millimeter's depth worth in the spots that it is actually going over the dam.

Finnesse fishing?

Can you do that with crankbaits?

:rolleyes:

I'll believe the rain when I see it.

7. pizza

pizza

sweet!!! it's raining!

now keep raining.

when I looked at the radar just about 6 hours ago there was nothing.:confused:

8. crittergitter

crittergitter Multi Species Angler

Pizza,

Ya was checkin on the rain at 3:30 in the mornin? Don't ya ever sleep?

I agree with Rarevos. I'll take low and tricky over high and stained. I think we got just the right amount of rain this time. Most flows should be primo for this weekend.

CG

9. It put on a pretty good light show around here, you would have to be one heavy sleeper to not get up with the one we got this morning, Im starting to take my 12yr old out with me so if the water is the least bit high or tricky looking we cant wade, his Mom has a cow even if the water is low and slow.

10. yea really that last night was just enough, no more for the week, the rivers and creeks just this week become lower and less stained than they have been all year

11. I'm gonna guess pizza is a shift worker like me:p Yes, sometimes it sucks, but it sure does have some perks;)

12. RareVos

RareVos Lost Sailor

Yeah, I was up at 3:30AM last night with a bunch of yelping kids. It was a great light show.

13. Ditto.

And I'm with Pizza, low, trickly rivers are for the birds. Bring on the bump.

14. pizza

pizza

what really needs to happen is they need to open up the dam since the rains did zilch as far as levels. Rise river rise!!!

yep I work the graveyard shift.

15. TightLine

TightLine Member

OK so around 3:30 this morning I gave #6 a shot:p

I think my spots still in good shape.

16. topwaterdevil

topwaterdevil SMB and Saugeyes.

My flow just got back down to normal. I'll take a little bit of rain to keep it there, but it doesn't need much.

17. TightLine

TightLine Member

my dance was for nothing! Got down there around 6:30 last night all psyched up ready to roll only to find they opened the gate sometime in the previous 3 hours. Too high to get where I wanted to go. Another day or two should be good. I hope.

18. TightLine

TightLine Member

I've changed my mind. Bring on the rain! Just not too much.