close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

We made it

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by williamonica0214, Aug 24, 2008.

1. well the family and i made it to portland,oregon a few days ago. i haven't had a chnce to fish yet but when i do i will let you all know how i did. i got to stop in and look around a cabelas in idaho on the way man that place is huge . i went in a local wal-mart to see what they had in the sporting goods area and all they had was trout fishing stuff . i sure hope to find a place to bass fish out here or it will be a long fall and winter. i will back in ne ohio in march .

2. Will, there's a 'fairly decent' steehead river that runs right thru Portland(and goes all the way to Idaho, I think!). If you have ever fished the Erie tribs for them,(or if you haven't!) you will definitely want to give this one a try!! There's also some huge, rod&reel catchable, sturgeon living in that river! You may not know it yet, but you are a lucky man!

3. Mac

Mac

When I was younger I spent a few summers with relatives in Portland. Fished the Columbia River for steelhead and salmon every chance I could as well as the high lakes around Mt Hood for eastern brook trout and the ocean for whatever would bite. Enjoy your time out there it is a once in a lifetime adventure. I have never fished for them but there are some BIG walleye in the Columbia River.

4. thanks for the tips guys . i will for sure try out to get some of the steelies and eyes. it i s a once in a lifetime chance . but i am still looking forword to coming home in the spring to fish with my ogf buddies and hope to meet news ones too a few guys on here have gotten me hooked on eyes.

5. CountryKat

CountryKat Fish On!!!

Enjoy your trip. I wish I was up that way. Post some pictures if ya would.

6. Fishers of Men

Fishers of Men Senior Member

Try to get out to the coast and get after some halibut.
    Enjoy your trip Will.