close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

WB Report 10-13

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by KSUFLASH, Oct 13, 2004.

1. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

I took the day off work and headed out to West Branch. Reel Lady was correct in saying it is pretty neat seeing the water level down and checking out out the structure around the shorelines. Before I forget, West Branch bait and tackle is closed until Monday the 18th, or at least thats what the sign said. Bummer for me due to Falls Outdoors Sports was also closed, and I wasn't waiting for a store to open up to get bait, good thing I had plenty of waxworms and maggots in the boat from the Riffle Memorial Tourney. Started off pretty slow, got a few dink gills and a few dink crappie. Decided to fire up the Aqua Vu and do some recon work on the lake. Figured since the bite was slow and all I was getting was dinks, that I should take an hour or so and scout around. Glad I did, found the crappie and they were hungry. Smackin the crap out of 1/32 ounce jigs with twister tails tipped with waxies or maggots. Seen some other boats out trolling, and a few I talk to were going for eyes and musky with no luck.

All fish released, and all in all it was a good day. The Aqua Vu pays for itself again.

For those wandering about the ramps, the Rocksprings Rd. Ramp is now open and looks great. Nice blacktop and no more potholes. They were working on the East Ramp while I was fishing.

Water temp was 61 degrees in the morning warming up to about 63 in the afternoon.
    flash-----------------------------------------------------out

2. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

don't forget to tell about all the 8+lb walleye you caught! i know you're probably holding out on us all.

3. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

When you take a day off and play hookie to go fishing - a good day on the water. ;) I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed yourself Ben.