Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to let you know that the courtesy docks at both the east and west ramps are under water again. We received 2 inches of rain overnight that brought the lake level up over a foot. Advise you use the campground launch ramp. It is open to the public and free. You just need to stop at the camp office to get a tag to put in your window.

Fish Safe,

RangerJulie

·
Registered
214 Posts
it seems that the only place in the area with little rain was down at the airport. only .06 of an inch there. nw akron had at least an inch.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
[Thanks for the updates. :)],BigDaddy300,, DITTO!! As usual,,GOOD JOB,,RJ.. ----->>>>>sonar<<<<<-----

·
HeWhoDiesWithTheMostToysWins
4,933 Posts
[Thanks for the updates. ,BigDaddy300,, As usual,, GOOD JOB,,RJ.. QUOTE]

Yep, I ditto that,,, Thanks RJ!
EVERYTIME that I see the nearby RANGERS & WARDENS,,,, specially the guys up ERIE/ Bula & Down around O River TORONTO, I BUG'EM to monitor this websight,,,, AND TO PLEASE GIVE US UPDATES & FEED-BACK "LIKE RANGER JULIE DOES!" ;>)
It sure would help us in all SAFETY situations, and maybe give some help in SQUEALING on the BAD-GUYS? 'TIP'
( I would just love a better way to BURN a thief, poacher, or Litterer!):p

LACK OF COMMUNICATION IS LIKE 90% OF MOST OF OUR PROBLEMS.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Ranger Julie - thanks for all the updates.
I have been reading your posts for years and wanted to thank you for the value able info.

Couple of questions....
Any news on the west branching fishing conditions the last week or so?

Law question,
I just bought a tube for my fishing boat. I want to take with my wife and tube.
Does tubing require only a driver and tuber only?
The reason I ask is my friends tell me at some lakes it takes three people a spotter, driver and tuber.
I would like to take my wife out tubing but unsure which is the legal method

·
Registered
191 Posts
Just got back from WB. Launched at the East ramp. Wasn't too bad. Only had to walk through about 6 inches of water.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
crappie-,, You MUST have a Spotter,,& a Driver on board!! No less,,The same goes for ALL power Boats/Crafts that wish to tow a tube or a Wakeboard,,Skis,,etc.. Makes sense,,'cause You can't look ahead & behind at the same time.. ----->>>>>sonar<<<<<-----

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Crappietrace,

You're welcome. You'll need to get someone to go with you and your wife to be legal. In Ohio, you must have a designated observer whenever you are pulling someone on a tube. That goes even if you're towing with a jetski. The observer must be over 8 years old and must be facing backwards watching the person being towed at all times when underway.

Thanks,

RJ

·
Bulldawg
1,050 Posts
The ramps are in good shape now jig , was up there wednesday . Launched at rock springs with no problem

·
Registered
4,711 Posts
Thanks man! Not sure if its the fish or group of people you meet that makes WB what it is. Always a good day!!!!!!!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Tubing REQUIRES three people. you can't REACT FAST ENOUGH WHEN THAT PERSON FALLS OFF AND THE JET SKI IS HEADING HER WAY

Sent from my VS920 4G using Ohub Campfire mobile app

1 - 19 of 19 Posts