close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

WB Night Fishing

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by TritonBill, Aug 6, 2004.

1. Hit WB again tonight with the Reel duo. This time out we had a little better luck. We caught 3 bass and 1 muskie between 8 and 10:45pm. The fish were biting and I wished we didn't have to quit BUT there is that thing called work in the morning!

Here is a pic of the one fish, it was 18.5" Lgmouth.

[​IMG]

2. Nice fish, Bill. Good job.

3. Procraftboats21

Procraftboats21 Original OGF Member

Good fish Bill, I guess this "cold" front didn't hurt the night fishing

4. I guess not, I feel if we would have had more time we definately would have caught more fish. We were getting the bites they were just hitting funny. I'm thinking that they were muskie taking swipes at the baits. They were quick hits, aggressive and then gone. The bites I got with the 3 bass were more like subtle bites and not the same as the other 2 or 3 bites I felt. It was actually not as cold as I thought it would be last night. Well i'll be ready for the next trip, is it time to go yet?

5. Nice Fish There..what Did It Weigh?

6. I didn't weigh the fish, the pure joy of catching it and the fight was plenty of excitement. We did measure it at between 18.5-19" long.

7. Flipp

Flipp Bass Chaser

Nice Bass, Bill good job!

8. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

nice fish, and wheres the pic of the muskie? :)

9. No pic of the muskie sorry, it was a baby one, maybe 15-17". I need someone to show me how or give me a link on how to properly handle a muskie. I just remove the hook with pliers because they are super slimey and don't need teeth marks on me!

10. What types of lure were you using for the largemouth? I've never done much night fishing for bass but would love to get into it!

11. Reel Lady

Reel Lady Dreams DO come true!

Bill is awesome! Well, at least the fish seem to think so :D
    I say this because so far... he has been the only one of us to catch anything! Perhaps it's his "fish charm", or his "a-LURING personality" :p
    Well, whatever the heck it is... Bills got it! Hey Bill... can you share a little of it with me????
    P.S.
    Went to Galyans today, and once again (darn it) I spent way too much money! I did pick up some nice soft bait that I think will tide me over till the special ones come in that I ordered online.
    I'm feeling lucky (dont I always?), so, if our boat is done getting the top on it, Reel Man and I are thinking about heading out tonight. What a suprise.. huh??? Wanna come? lol

Be Reel,
    Reel Lady :)

12. ReelLady, You crack me up with all the fish charm comments! I'd like to say it was skill because I caught those fish and maybe some of it is, BUT by and large my lure fell to the right place at the right time (under my guidance of course, hahaha). I'm sure there was a little bit of luck mixed in there too. I'm trying to share, won't be long and you'll be getting them out there. Practice practice practice.

OUFisherman, I don't do much different than day fishing with the exception that I use dark plastics and/or bigger baits. I still flip/pitch to laydowns, etc, still fish points the same way, etc.