close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

WB cats

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Eliminator, Jun 6, 2007.

1. Hi, I'm wondering if anyone has had any luck at catfishing West Branch don't hear much about any but i'm wanting to take my kids out nightfishing by boat and catfish are fun and easy if I can get them into some.

2. Hi!

At night tightline on the bottom using nightcrawlers, shrimp or even minnows, chubs, just about anything will work. first light or dusk something big under a bobber works pretty good. I got a nine-pounder last time out. chunkin doesn't hurt either if you've got some dead minnows to spread the smell around. just tossem out and then suspend slip bobbers over the area.

Good luck, MikeC

3. BigMha

BigMha QQn 4 that "ONE" big fish

I went out once this year...i struck out. But i had some huge, pole bending hits...just couldn't land 'em. Last year i caught a 10 lb channel on a muskie minnow that i cut the head off. I was fishing off of Knapp road, but i heard that the cats are biting over on rock springs road.

4. i had 8 of 'em fishing lead head jigs/minnows under a bobber. Trying to crappie fish......last Sat.
    from about 4 p.m. to 10 p.m.

steely123