Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a couple hours by myself before my wife brought my daughter out after school. Caught this little guy about two foot trolling. Really nice to get one on my first trip. Unfortunately, Alex and I couldn't get any crappie to bite. Marked them on the graph but they wouldn't take our minnows. Man, I've got to get better at catching those stupid crappie. I never fish for them unless my youngest is with me and I feel bad when we don't get any. We used a red hook and minnow and a 1/16th jig and grub with and without minnow.

Pic isn't very good but I wanted to get him back quickly.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Grass Pike or Northern? Markings and slightly humped back remind me of grass Pikerel or Pike.

Sorry you and your youngun didnt hook up on the crappie. Sounds like you were using all the right gear and bait. Better Luck Next time.

Huntinbull

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, it's a musky. Thought it might have been a nice eye when fighting it. Glad it was a ski since that is what I was after.

·
TeamOGF
7,004 Posts
I'm glad you were able to finally get out Steve. I hope that means you are doing better healthwise. ;)

·
Registered
6,933 Posts
Nice fish. I never realised how many misky were in there. But it seems that a lot of people r catching them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts